Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // 1920's

It's one of my favorite days! Audrey & I's Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration! :) 

Today, Audrey and I are talking about the 1920's. I still want to watch more period movies and read more historical fiction this year! SO MAKE SURE TO SHARE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS BELOW IN THE COMMENTS! :) :) AND MAKE SURE TO HOP ON OVER TO AUDREY'S BLOG TO CHECK OUT HER RECOMMENDATIONS! :) 

Here we go:



On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're highlighting books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we’ll host a recap/link-up for the entire year!

I'm learning a lot from this challenge already: 

Books, Films, and Bonus will be things that I HAVE read or watched. "On Deck": will be things that I am hoping to get to soon!

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - Check out my post about Gatsby, here. - PS I do not like Daisy. ugh.
The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty - Check out my thoughts on this one for SUYB next week! Spoiler: I loooved it!
Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence - Currently Reading!


Anastasia - all time favorite (obviously)
The Great Gatsby - The Baz Luhrmann version... because I love him, obvs.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - I adore this movie! (sorry for double sharing, Audrey!)

Downton Abbey - TV - I know it's shameful... but I haven't finished this!
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - TV - THE BEST SHOW EVER, GO WATCH IT!


The Romanov Sisters: The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra by Helen Rappaport (book) - So fascinated by the Romanovs... this might be mostly the 1910s...
Z: The Beginning of Everything (show)
Women in Love (mini series)
The Immigrant (movie)
Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham (book)
Florence Foster Jenkins (movie) - watched this later it is from the 1940's... whoops! I definitely recommend.
The Rest of Fitzgerald's Books

I clearly have a lot of work to do! 

What books, movies, or shows can you recommend that take place in the 1920's? Is there a goodreads equivalent for movies?!

Be sure to hope over to Audrey’s blog and check out her recommendations!

Next month we’re checking out my favorite era- the 1930s! It was a tough decade for our country but from devastation and depression is born hope and stories of courage and resilience! We’ll share some of our favorites in April!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO