Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // 1930's

It's one of my favorite days! Audrey & I's Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration! :) I learned A LOT about the Dust Bowl this month!

Today, Audrey and I are talking about the 1930's. MAKE SURE TO HOP ON OVER TO AUDREY'S BLOG TO CHECK OUT HER RECOMMENDATIONS! :) 



Here we go:

On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're highlighting books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we’ll host a recap/link-up for the entire year!

I'm learning a lot from this challenge already: 

Books, Films, and Bonus will be things that I HAVE read or watched. "On Deck": will be things that I am hoping to get to soon!



Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Meet Kit (American Girl) by Valerie Tripp - childhood favorites!
Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse - just read, see my review next week for SUYB, Spoiler: I loved it!
Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson - set in three time periods, stories woven together, see this review next week too!



Paper Moon - 5 Stars! - Possible father/daughter con team sell bibles in Kansas. A classic and I enjoyed the re-watch very much!
Water for Elephants - a great book to movie adaptation
Cheerful Weather for the Wedding 3.5 Stars - sort of odd, but very atmospheric and cinematically beautiful.
Ballet Shoes - 3.5-4 Stars - three orphans are adopted by an explorer, and follow their dreams.
The King's Speech - Colin. Firth.



What books, movies, or shows can you recommend that take place in the 1930's? Is there a goodreads equivalent for movies?!

Be sure to hope over to Audrey’s blog and check out her recommendations!

Big bands and WWII await us in May when we cross into the 1940s. Possibly one of the most romantic eras, Audrey loves this decade for its big band music and sharp fashion. Plus we start to see women hold down the fort and demand some credit!


XO,

Alexandra

1 comment:

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO