Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Halloween 2018!

If you saw my recent post you'll know that I'm catching up on some of the festive moments of 2018. Since we were moving into our home and getting settled, blogging took a backseat, so here we go, my very favorite holiday... Halloween!






Last Halloween we had our annual costume party game night which was super fun! It was especially fun to have it for the first time in our new home!

The Decor:

We used our black and white decorations that we made a few years ago and have been using ever since. We also added in some postcards that we picked up while we visited Salem earlier that month. We only added decorations in a few places, but it felt very festive!

The Playlist:

We're still listening to my Halloween playlist from 2014! I have added to it over time and it is nice and long, which is perfect for a games evening!

The Food: 

We decided to make Halleweeños again and friends filled in the gaps since we were still getting settled in our home! One thing of note were the GBBO themed pumpkin macarons that our friends Will and Cara brought. They dressed up as Paul and Mary Berry so it was a funny touch that they decorated their macarons to say things like "scrumy"!

The Costumes:

We dressed up like garden gnomes and had such a blast with it! We were able to wear our ordinary clothes in a much more colorful way. All we had to do was pick up red felt to make our hats and a fake hair material for a beard and eyebrows for KC.


I love how they turned out, and I was super excited that ModCloth shared my costume with all of their followers since my green dress is one I bought from their store. How flattering! Overall we had a great time being gnomes, but it is always nice to be noticed! :) I will definitely share a tutorial sometime closer to Halloween to add to my costume tutorial collection!

How cute is Duchess with one of the hats?!? We couldn't believe that she sat there for so long. It was adorable.

We had a great night playing board games with everyone, and showing off our house a little. At this point we had only been there for two months, so we weren't at all settled, but it was nice to show everyone what we'd been working on!

Does anyone else love Halloween?!

Is anyone else already thinking about this year's costumes?!

XO,


Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO