Monday, April 29, 2013

The Rivet & Sway Way, Part I

Remember the Girls with Glasses Event? Well one eyewear brand that they recommend is Rivet and Sway. They have adorable glasses with fun names. All designer frames exclusively for women. I love them! So I thought, why not pick out a new pair of frames! It's been a while and I wear my glasses often enough to own two pairs.

Here is my current pair of glasses:

I actually really love these glasses! They are readers from Foster Grant. I just picked them up at Barnes and Noble one day for $15! I love the shape and the classic tortoise frame. (Don't these pictures make you think my face is heart shaped?)

The first step to finding a pair of Rivet and Sway glasses is to use their online Style Advice Resources. This helps you determine your face shape. I'm still unsure. Perhaps it is because I am between shapes.

Then you can fill out a survey and send in a picture of yourself and the stylist Ritzy will write you back with her recommendations. Here is the picture that I sent her. Now my face looks like an oval...


She sent me three frame recommendations in several colors: 1)Core Strength in 'Confetti', 2) Je Ne Sais Quoi in 'Water Lily' and 3) 'Amber Glow', and 4) Six Shooter in 'Copper Penny' and 5) 'St. Tropez'.



Photo Credit: Rivet & Sway

I narrowed it down a little by deciding that I don't really care for Je Ne Sais Quoi in 'Amber Glow' or the Six Shooter frames at all.

The email also contained three more frame recommendations: 1) Rizzo in 'Crushed Velvet', 2) Ruby Red in 'Heartthrob', and 3) Spitfire in 'Galapagos Green'. 


Photo Credit: Rivet & Sway

I really like all three! I had looked at the Spitfire before and love the pop of green, plus a larger frame could be really cool. Then again, it could look strange on my face. I never would have chosen the Rizzo or the Ruby Red on my own, so I liked those recommendations! I really love the Rizzo, the pinks are great! The Ruby Red is hard to see.. but it is a red-er tortoise.

I also have my eye on Punchline in 'Neapolitan' which I tried on at the GWG event with Brooke White. Here is the image.


Photo Credit: Rivet & Sway

I like the vintage shape and the fact that it is half tortoise-y, and half brightly colored. Kyle said I looked good in them, but I couldn't see very well because Brooke's prescription is pretty strong! :)

 The next step is to order a free at home try-on kit. In the kit you can try up to three pairs for free. The problem, as you can see above, is that I want to try six! What are your suggestions? I thought about automatically weeding out number 1 in the first set and number 2 in the second set since they are pretty standard tortoise, like the pair I currently wear. But that still leaves me with one too many! - maybe I can do two free try-ons?

I would love to hear what you guys think!

In the last step you can choose to order frames, or not. Each pair is $199 and includes prescription lenses, frames and coatings. Shipping is free!

I'm anxious to order a set of three to try on and post pictures for you guys to see!

Leave me your feedback!

All for now,

Alexandra

3 comments:

  1. Definitely try on Rizzo. The interior pink provides just enough of a pop that it's not overly obvious. And the frame itself is a bit edgy and cool...hence the name. Je ne sais quoi (water lily), Punchline Neopolitan round out my recos....but I'd definitely leave it to others to make the call. :)

    Thanks for the post!

    John Lusk
    Rivet & Sway CEO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia picked the Neopolitan "PINK" of course, lol. I like anything with green or tortoise for myself, but I think you would look good in confetti, amber glow, or any from the last two sets. Think about how your current ones differ from the choices above. Are you wanting something similar and safe, or a completely new look? You can go to several local stores and try on various shapes and that may help you narrow it down also. For example I look best in a square or oval lense, nothing round for me, lol. Another option is to get a group together and order all at the same time and have a try on party. If you do invite me. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the input! :) I am very excited to keep narrowing down... there are so many great choices! - Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO