Crock Pot Pork Loin with Pearl Onions and Sherry
Borrowed, Adapted and Enjoyed from Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes.
Makes 8 Servings
3 large red onions sliced
1 cup pearl onions, blanched and peeled (instructions on packet)
2 T. unsalted butter or margarine
2 1/2 lbs of boneless pork loin, tied with cooking twine
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cooking sherry
2 T. Italian Parsley, chopped
1 1/2 T. cornstarch
2 T. water
1) Peel pearl onions according to instructions on package.
2) Cook and stir red onions and pearl onions in butter in a medium skillet until tender.
3) Rub pork loin with salt and pepper and place in your crock pot. Add cooked onions, sherry and parsley. cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 5-6 hours.
3) Remove pork loin from crock pot. Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
4) Combine cornstarch and water. stir into cooking liquid and cook on LOW until sauce has thickened. Serve pork loin with onions and sherry sauce.
I served it with cooked frozen peas and rosemary red potatoes. It was a really warm and satisfying meal. I really liked it!
What is your favorite way to cook pork loin?
All for now,