Monday, March 26, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012 Part II: Dinner & Dessert {Recipes 25 & 26}

For the evening of Valentine's Day I also planned dinner.

I decided to try a couple of recipes from Pinterest!

One of Kyle's favorite things to order when we go out is a calzone.

So I decided to use pinterest to make one!

I also made a tomato and cheese appetizer.

Baked Parmasean Tomatoes


Recipe found here. 

These were pretty good, but not amazing. They are VERY HOT when they come out so be careful!! :) I think that adding the mozzarella would improve them a bit. :)

Homemade Calzone {step by step}


Ingredients:

1 premade or BEST homemeade pizza crust
pizza sauce
mozzarella and other Italian-y cheeses
toppings that you like

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Roll out pizza crust into a rectangle. {mine was not very rectangular but it worked out fine!}
3) Put sauce, toppings and cheese in the middle of the crust.


4) Use kitchen shears to cut the sides into strips.


5) Wrap the strips across the body of the calzone. {aka "wrap the baby," as they said on squidoo} This starts in the picture above and finishes in the one below. Press the dough together to make it stick.


6) Admire your work!
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

This recipe was great! It was really easy and very adaptable. We made ours half veggie, half meat. You could also use this general idea to make a fruit breakfast braid. With a fruit/pie type filling in the middle and topping it with an icing after it comes out!

Surprise Dessert!

After all this cooking {and eating!}, Kyle surprised me with a Valentine's Day pie! He decided to make 2 of my favorite things {s'mores and pie} into one lovely creation!


This was SO delicious! :) Thank you my love!

For the recipe, check out his blog here.

Just a little warning... its MESSY! :)


:) I know that this entry is super late.. but I hope that you all had a lovely Valentine's day! :)

All for now,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO