Friday, December 27, 2019

Best Books of 2019 // Bookworm.

Wow, it's almost 2020! I did quite a bit of reading this year, though not as much as last, and I'm happy to report that there are quite a few books that I really enjoyed. Here are my favorites by category!



Reading Goal:

My goal was to read 60 books this year, and I surpassed it by reading 87 books as of December 20th. I feel good about that! The end of this year I just haven't felt like reading as much. I will likely set the same goal next year.
Courting Darkness by Robin Lefevers (YA fantasy)
Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman (YA Sci-fi)
House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig (YA with a bit of horror)
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (YA fantasy)
Frogkisser! by Garth Nix (Middle Grade/YA)
The Harp of Kings by Juliet Maurillier (YA High Fantasy)



The Matrimonial Advertisement by Mimi Matthews - just her books in general. (Historical / Proper)
Coldhearted Boss by R.S. Grey (Contemporary)
Wicked and the Wallflower by Sarah MacLean (Historical)
Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore (Historical)
The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata (Contemporary)
A Lie for a Lie & A Favor for a Favor by Helena Hunting (Contemporary)
One and Only by Jenny Holiday (Contemporary)
Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas (Historical)



Rayne and Delilah's Midnite Matinee by Jeff Zentner (Quirky Coming of Age / Gave Me All the Feels)

Night Film by Marisha Pessl - I'm not a big mystery/thriller person, so if it keeps me hooked, I feel compelled to include it in this list. I liked the weird format of this one. Not 100% sure how I felt about the ending. This one is DENSE.



Little Women Cookbook by Wini Moranville
The Secret Garden Cookbook by Amy Colter
The Peach Truck Cookbook by Jessica and Stephen Rose

I've also been keeping track of my reading and book buying stats this year, here is how it broke down:

Read - 86
Owned - 23
Ebook - 51
Physical book - 42
ARC - 41
Library/Borrowed - 21
Bought - 200 (142 physical books, 64 ebooks) - 38 books were freeee! :)
To Let Go - 55

Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think?

What were some of your favorite books this year?!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO