Monday, April 23, 2012

Snapshots of Corpus Christi // Spring Break // March 2012

Day 3 of Texas road trip

The third day of our trip we traveled to Corpus Christi to meet my grandma and her boyfriend as well as see the gulf!

For those of you who didn't know I wanted to be a marine biologist until I was about 14 and realized that getting to a coast for college wasn't very likely. Somehow I had this love of the ocean without ever having seen it.

So when we decided to go to Texas, I decided that I needed to see the gulf, and though its not the ocean it is salt water. So that's something.

Crazy waves due to the stormy weather!


It was a nice day on the beach!


Fun entrance to a store on the island!


Big Shark in a Big Shark :)


Grandma and Bob at Joe's Crab Shack. {Our first Joe's Crab Shack Experience}


Kyle's Shark Attack.


A really incredible mermaid statue on the island!


Overall we had a nice time.

Corpus Christi as a city is like a continuous 23rd Street in Lawrence. Full of chain restaurants, stores and nasty polluting factories on the way into the city.

The beaches were fun to see, and we enjoyed catching up with grandma and bob, but I don't know that I would necessarily want to go back to Corpus Christi anytime soon.

I saw the gulf, I saw salt water. Now one of my next goals for the year is to see the ocean itself.

All for now,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO