Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Snapshots of Halloween // 2013

Hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween!

I had a fun day at preschool as a black cat. The kids liked it, and it was considerably more comfortable (and less effort!) than my evening costume! (also apparently this costume made me feel the need to take a gazillion selfies... strange, but fun when you have whiskers!) 



Jess and I are absolutely related... because she had the same idea for work! :) She's so cute!

I changed into my evening costume; Cruella DeVille! (been wanting to this costume for several years!) So proud of my DIY skills on this one you guys! Check out my tutorial here!

Kyle finished assembling his Headless Horseman costume... :) Turned out really cool huh?!


We certainly had a spook filled evening with my family, which was just right!


My sisters are so adorable and so much fun! I LOVE these girls :) Oh, and Griz got plenty of love on 'his holiday'! 


'Supermodel Documentary Hour!' (go watch Superstar if you haven't seen it, MKG for life!)


Everyone was getting a kick out of my wig... ;)


We got to spend some time with my Grandma, Sharon before she 'flew' south for the winter as well! We have so many laughs together! 


We purchased this cute little chocolatey haunted house kit from Target and had a blast decorating it! I liked having another activity to add to Halloween! Turned out pretty cute, huh? $9 well spent!


As usual, we had lots of family over, had mom's fantastic chili and chili dogs for dinner and took Olivia trick or treating. We didn't have time to carve pumpkins, make popcorn balls or caramel apples this year... but that's ok. :) Some years you just have less time! We did do a festive new dessert though! Both Olivia and Kalor (Jess's BF) LOVE brownies, so when I saw this spider brownie recipe I knew we had to make them! They turned out really cute and the brownies were SO yummy! Boxed Ghirardelli anyone?

What were you up to this Halloween? 

Any fun new or old traditions that you'd like to share?

Did you pull off a DIY costume too?

Thanks for Reading!

Alexandra 


2 comments:

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO