Monday, July 25, 2016

The Evolution of KC's Man Bun // Just for funzies

I wanted to start by saying that I don't particularly blog about KC frequently. Sure I mention him, I wish him happy birthday, show photos that include him from trips. But I don't blog about our relationship a lot. 1) maybe I should, because we're pretty good at it, I've thought of doing date night posts... (takers?) 2) I love this man more than you love oxygen. He's my best friend. And well, we get kind of mushy and disgusting. So, I try to spare you all. ;) On we go....

Why A Man Bun?

Well, about a year ago KC stopped cutting his hair. At first, I don't think he had a plan to grow it out, so much as he didn't schedule a haircut....

One night I had a random dream that he had a man bun, and it was "kinda hot". Upon hearing this he must have decided he was going to grow it out.

This is a long arduous process, certainly not for the faint of heart (or for MIL's who detest long hair ;) hehe).

Over the (almost) year his hair has taken on many "looks" during the various phases of growing it out, which I will now compare to figures from pop culture.

His last hair cut:

To give you an idea, this is the length/style that KC was rocking for about he first 8 years I've known him:

This photo was taken when we were in Florida last (late) July. It was for a family wedding... and so he had just gotten it cut.

Getting Longer:

Next he was kind of rocking an emo-kid and/or season 4 Dean (GG) kind of look. Long and kind of unruly, but still not that long. KC's hair is very straight though, and doesn't tend to get as bushy as season 4 Dean's hair. Also, clearly at Target in the left picture, no he didn't buy the shirt. ;'(


Not my favorite Dean haircut. But also not the worst. Poor Dean...


It's also a little like these. Shaggy, shaggy, shaggy. I like to call this "long unruly prince" hair.




Getting Annoyingly Long:

Eventually that was getting kind of annoyingly long and in his face, so he started doing one of two things:

1)  putting in a small clip to get the front out of his face, eventually looking kind of faux-hawkish. But on a smaller scale.




Or 2) putting on a hat...


Which was Ok... not my favorite look. Kind of reminds me of this:

Why are they all making hand gestures?!

But with sportier less ridiculous hats... I guess it worked in the sense that it was easy for him to keep hair out of his face and not have to mess with mini man buns yet, because this was as close as he could get: 

Mini Man Buns:

Then he was able to put his hair back into a mini man bun. It sort of depended on the day / what process he used how well it would stay back. His hair is really straight, so it didn't really like to stay back all day. It would fall out, and so KC would often put a hat on midway through the day.

As you can see, depending on the day it might be right on top of his head or a little further back. But the sides of his hair weren't long enough to pull it back more. How cute is that Christmas pic?! Just dying over here. Babies and kids of all kinds flock to KC because he's fun and cuddly. During this phase he kind of had warrior hair ala Li Shang from Mulan... but less floppy.


Finally Long Enough: 

Now his hair is pretty much long enough to put all of it back. Depending on the day his hair can look like: 

1) Longer half man bun. Pretty much the same as above, but longer....

 reminding me more of this:

Conversation the other day:

Me: Ah, going with the half man bun today? 
KC: Yeah, it's mostly in honor of Jon Snow. Partly the guy from Mulan though...
Me: LOL - fair.

2) full Man Bun, rejoice friends, it's long enough now! :P

So, getting pretty close to this:

Chris Hemsworth's won't stay all the way back either. hehe

3) what I like to call the "Ben Franklin" - he ran out of contacts and had some wispy vacation hair with his glasses on.

eh? - minus the receding hair line...

but perhaps this is a nicer comparison. Somewhere between Ben Franklin, and these:

4) the hat goes back on.... nooo! hehe LOL

no photo needed...

5) what I like to call "Disney Prince" hair. Which these are not the best example of, best example happens at very end of day - ya'll don't get to see him then! :P

See? 


Secret: I had a HUGE crush on John Smith as a kid. Still do?

It's also a little like this:

But I'm really glad he isn't gelling it back like b. coop's. Or like Jared's when he's wearing a hat like this:


Prince hair kinda makes me feel like this:



I digress.

What's Next?

Well who knows, maybe he's going for that longer celebrity man bun? 

Maybe he's going for something like this? :


Bottom Line:

I'm happy that he is taking an interest in his hair, and that he's doing what he likes with it. He may cut it, he may keep growing it. Who really knows? Perhaps not even him yet. Either way, he's my fella and I love him no matter what. While I swoon over prince hair, some days I miss the half man bun, and other days I even miss the silly hat. It's all good.

As long as we don't get anywhere close to these:

LOL.

It should be known that this is all written in love, good humor, and with KC's A-OK. ;) 

After all... this is me and my hair, on the daily:


Do you have thoughts on man buns, braids, hair, any of these characters, or life in general?

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO