You guys DEFINITELY know that I am typically very very busy. We are usually out of the house or entertaining at least three nights a week, we work "full time", and travel frequently. This often leaves me cleaning in a flash, or not having time to run to the health food store for eco cleaners, and not always having time to make my own cleaners, etc. This is one reason I LOVE the Honest bundle.
I am not being sponsored by them, though how cool would that be?! - but seriously, I share my REAL opinions with you guys, always.
Anyhow, we started our bundle in June of 2015, and after more than a year of bundling, I have a lot to share with you guys. So read on if you are interested!
What is it?
We do the Honest Essentials Bundle (they also have wellness, and baby related bundles). With the essentials bundle you can choose 5 items monthly (mixing and matching), pick when it ships (we do every 6 weeks), and it gets delivered to your door. The cost for this bundle is $35.95 per month (plus shipping), and you can cancel at anytime.
What Can You Choose?
With the essentials bundle you can choose from personal care (shampoo, soap, tampons, bug spray...), cleaning items (detergents, dish towels, dryer sheets, cleaners...), kiddo related (diapers, wipes, creams...), and other "add ons". (Add ons are items that don't fit into your 5 items, but can be added on as an extra item - where you can save up to 25% on each.)
Pros & Cons
- It's really easy.
- Mixing and matching is convenient and quick.
- You can choose how frequently you want to get your bundles.
- You get an email when it's time to update, you can swap your items easily, and you don't have to think of it again.
- You know that the company holds itself to a high eco-standard and makes safe and healthy products.
- We have really loved almost every product that we have tried in over a year! That's pretty impressive considering how many different things we have ordered! :)
- HUGE selection of products that are included in your 5 items. Even huger if you consider the add on items.
- Many products are offered in multiple (natural!) scents.
- Even the shipping materials are eco. They are also good quality - I reuse mine a lot, and it's always easy to recycle as well. :)
- We often get coupon codes via email to add on a free item, or get a discount added to the bundle. That's always a nice surprise!
- Their customer service is awesome, any time I have a question or concern they are quick on the site chat, and very helpful!
- There have been some concerns related to sulfate in the detergents.
- There have been complaints about the sunscreen. - I haven't had any issues with their sunscreen!
- As just two people, we don't go through many of these cleaners that quickly! So sometimes, we feel like we are getting them too close together. But now that you can get more personal care items, it's been better. I do sometimes wish that we could change it to every 7 weeks or 8 weeks though. - you CAN adjust the shipping date to make it come later though, which is a plus! :)
- I don't love EVERY product I have tried. But I really don't expect to either.
- Sometimes popular items are out of stock, and you won't be able to add them to your bundle. This doesn't happen often for us.
- I forget to update my bundle sometimes (#usererror ...)
We love our Honest bundle. We get consistently great customer service, good quality eco products, and it fits into our busy schedule. It saves us time and money. While we don't love EVERYTHING about bundling, we do love almost everything. It makes it just a little bit easier to get our chores done, and gives us more time to spend together. That's what's HONESTLY important. :P
I can only imagine that as a parent (someday) this will be AMAZING. Safe diapers and baby products being delivered. Yes, please.
I would love to share some un-boxings of the bundles, and specific thoughts on specific products if you guys are interested. Would you like to see/hear more?! Let me know in the comments.
Have you tried the Honest bundle or any other bundling service? What did you think of it?
Have you made any eco-friendly product or habit switches in your life? Do you have any goals to? Looking for ideas? Check out my post 12 Easy Ways to Go Green in 2016!
Side note: I LOVED Jessica Alba's book that came out before her company, read my review of it here if you are interested. :) I found it VERY informative and inspiring!!