Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // with Audrey from Life as Louise

Happy Tuesday Friends! What a blog title, right? At the end of 2017 reached out to Audrey at Life of Louise about some kind of blog collaboration, and she said yes, woohoo!  After brainstorming things we both love (which were endless, honestly), we settled on books/entertainment and 1900 decades. Thus this long-windedly named collaboration was born! :)



So here's what we're up to. On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're going to highlight books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we will be hosting a recap/link-up for the entire year.

Essentially Audrey and I are flooding our blogs with recommendations :)

So before we kick this off, here's a super short Q&A just to introduce (or reintroduce) Audrey & I!

What would readers typically find on your blog?

Alexandra: As a lifestyle blogger… anything is fair game! You can expect to see a lot of goal-setting, book review, and travel related posts… as well as posts about things I’ve been up to with KC and our mischievous kittens.

Audrey: Everything. I write about books and movies, my dogs and my life (like owning a house, being married, all that riveting stuff), a few travel posts or trip recaps. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you'll find a feisty political rant.

Have you always loved history or historical fiction?

Alexandra: Oh gosh yes. Do you remember The American Girl books? Or The Royal Diaries series? I was all about those. I read every. Single. American Girl book just so I could get a Felicity doll for my 10th birthday. BEST DAY EVER! I’ve always loved historical fiction and period dramas. :)

Audrey: Always. I love that history is a long, true, dramatic, romantic, adventurous story. I’m with Alexandra- I had the American Girl Dolls and read the books, too. (And Felicity was my fav!!) I think that history is fascinating and foretelling. I wanted to study it in college, but I didn’t want to teach so I chose a different major.

Which era is your favorite?

Alexandra: Oh gosh, this is tough. I love so many of them for so many different reasons. I think that I have to choose the 1930’s though. I find that a lot of my favorite time periods (or stories from them!) have to do with really really hard times, and strong people who made it through them!

Audrey: I enjoy the fashion and movies and cars from the 1940s and 1950s. Some of my favorite music comes from the 40s. I likes films from the 60s, too. If I had to pick one, though, it’d be the 1940s.

Which era is your least favorite?

Alexandra: The 80’s I think. There are just not as many things I can appreciate that came out of the ‘80’s. I don’t love the music, movies, etc. (Obviously this does NOT include the people born then!)

Audrey: Honestly, I dislike how certain things define eras...I don’t like anything Gatsby or poodle skirts or Woodstock-y or neon/leggings. Do you know what I mean? But to answer the question, I dislike the 70s.

Check back on February 6th for our first round of recommendations! We're setting our sights on the 1910s for February!

I think this linkup is going to be the cat's pajamas!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO