Tuesday, May 19, 2015

June + July = #AllTheTravel // HELP!

Hi Guys! I hope that May is still treating you well! 


Here things continue to be busy.... but manageable. We've been filling in our calendars with concerts, trips, visiting friends and family... and it's just hitting me... we are going to be going non-stop until August 1st! - Wow.

I need your travel recommendations and tips!!

I love to travel (duh) and I love to plan it out as well.... but this time I definitely need some ideas! There is a lot to plan in a short period of time! Please share in the comments if you have recommendations!


In June we are headed to Indianapolis for just about 24 hours for a concert. What's there to do in Indianapolis? Where should we eat and get our coffee? Wishing we could spend longer... maybe next time!


In July, magical July, we found out we are heading to Alaska for work. FOR WORK*! But, we will also get to leave a little bit early and spend my birthday weekend having fun before we're on the clock! We'll be spending a week in Anchorage, and need your recommendations on places to eat, shop, and get out and about. (preferably without driving too far, my goal is to not over-plan) Alaska has been my dream destination since the 5th grade, so I can't wait to get there, and can't believe it's for my birthday!! :) *Business travel tips oh, so welcome. It's my first time travelling for work!


Also in July we head to Florida for a wedding and following family vacation. We are spending time near Tampa and Clearwater. We'll spending lots of time with KC's family, but will also be planning our own stuff to do while we are there. I'll be the only Florida newbie in the bunch. What's there to do? Where do we need to eat and what should we see? Any tips on vacationing in a hot climate when that isn't your thing?!?!?! 

I'm so excited about each of these trips for totally different reasons, and I can't believe that we will be so far on opposite ends of the country in July alone! 

Do you have any recommendation for me?!

What are your upcoming travel plans? (real or imagined. . .I'm not picky) :)

Thanks in Advance!

XO,

Alexandra

21 comments:

  1. Way cool! Those all sound fun! My hubby said I should go work in Alaska over the summer too haha but I have no one to go with sadly. Now I have been to Florida a couple of times, but not those areas. But I have loved how laid back Florida is compared to most beach places I've been too, have so much fun!

    Gina

    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some recommendations for you, but I haven't been to any of those places...so I'll be living vicariously through you instead. I hope you have a wonderful time!
    My husband and I really want to go to Chicago with Jona this summer, but I'm not sure if we will or not (we want to sell our house too so it's not very practical to go on vacation too...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun -- sounds like you guys are going to have such a wonderful and adventurous time! I wish I had some awesome recommendations, but I have been none of those places. The best I could do is consult Google ;) We need to do some more traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some fun trips plan!!! I have never been to either of those 3 places!! Crazy right? I can't wait to see how you like them!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah sorry I don't have any suggestions love, i haven't been to Alaska. The only part of Indy I have seen is Lucas Oil stadium, lol. and only Disney in Florida. Check out pinterest though? It's where I always go to find things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you have an awesome summer ahead!!1 I would just say pack an extra bag for all the stuff you might buy lol :)

    http://trend-mixblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to any of those place so unfortunately I don't have reccomendations, but it sounds awesome! I'm so jealous of your travel plans. I haven't been away with my boyfriend for a couple of years so we're hoping to make it to Berlin in September which is super exciting! xx

    Jessthetics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck travelling the first time for work, how exciting! Unfortunately, I haven't visited many of these places and so I can't be of much help.. however I've been to Florida (and Tampa) and so obviously I'm going to suggest travelling out to Disneyworld haha! :) Have a lovely weekend!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. alaska? how awesome is that? i've always wanted to go, and so your trip will provide *me* some advice whenever that time rolls around :) happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Gina, I'm pretty excited!! Heheh oh no! I need to start taking trips with my sister too, when my hubby is busy. :) I've never been to Florida, so that should be an adventure. Trying not to burn and get overheated is a special task that will make it feel very adventure-y... hehe XO -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehe well I hope my posts will do it justice.. heeh You should definitely go to Chicago. It's very fun and accessible from KC. I also love that you don't have to feel like you need to do everything... because it's easy to go back. XO -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are super excited. I can't wait to get a little more time to plan. :) I hope that you get to take even a small trip someday soon. The little ones can be just as much fun or more fun than the big ones. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY crazy! hehe I'm super pumped! XO -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe not anticipating stadium time... hehe Yes, Pinterest is so much better than google these days.. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm super excited. Yes, souvenirs and I have a complicated relationship... hehe so I always try to save room for new treasures. XO -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Belin sounds wonderful! I hope you get there and have the most incredible time. KC and I love to travel together... it's such a blast. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe yes indeed. We are considering going to Universal Studios to the Harry Potter world. I am trying to decide if we should go with my inlaws. I don't do well in the heat, and I'm not the biggest on theme parks. But I am sure once we got there we would love it. Thanks so much! XO -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehe I know! I am super excited about it! Well, I hope my photos and posts do it justice. XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. So far the only trip we are really planning for is our honeymoon; however we can't agree on where to go/what to do ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no, what a bummer! When is your wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are planning for August/September of 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO