Thursday, May 28, 2015

Have you Heard? // Broods - "Sleep Baby Sleep"

New Zealand and Australia seem to be turning out so many talented young musicians these days. Vance Joy, Lorde, HAIM, and Broods. I love it!


Broods is a brother - sister duo with vocals that will give you #allthefeels and lyrics you can't stop singing. Their music came to KC in early 2014, and I was pretty hooked. Maybe you've heard Bridges? Last summer they played at  festival we went to, but they were an early act so we missed them. I decided they were a band I wanted to see headlining a small show soon. 

So I was pretty jazzed when the Buzz announced their March show at the Midland (Where we saw Jack White as well as Vance Joy @ Prom). The tickets were $9.65 (the station is 96.5 the Buzz) so we jumped at the chance to buy them. I'm so glad that we got to go, the show was amazing!! - But I'll write about that another time. :)

I love all of their music, but I think these two are still my favorite songs. :)





These are both from their self-titled EP, and I would definitely recommend it, especially at $2.99 (USD). The full length album is $7.99 (USD) right now on iTunes.

What do you think? Do you like Broods?

What have you been listening to lately?!?


XO,


Alexandra


14 comments:

  1. ohh I love love love these songs! I know it's strange but girl-boy vocals are my favourite. they just blend and compliment each other so well. Seriously thanks for the introduction. I'm putting this on my phone now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of them before! They are good!
    melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Thanks for the intro! I think we have very similar music taste :)

    Gina

    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome! I'll have to check them out. I feel like I've heard them before but I can't put my finger on which song I know. I listen to 96.5 pretty regularly though, so no doubt that's where I've heard them. You go to so many great concerts--so jealous over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of them, but her voice on sleep baby sleep is beautiful.
    Z · JPOTTER

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad!! They have such good harmony, it's just really pretty music. :) Sometimes makes me giggle when they are singing romantic lovey lyrics back and forth... but it is still sweet. I'm so glad that you are loving it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that they're music doesn't sound like anything else to me. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so fun Gina. I love finding new music to listen to. Glad you liked it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet that you know Bridges. :) Hehe we tend to spend a lot of time and sometimes money seeing shows. It's a fun thing we both like to do. :) You should definitely try to go to some of the cheaper buzz shows this year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgia has this lovely haunting voice. That's got to be my favorite track. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES, that's it!! I'd like to at least make a show, but we'll see. I feel like we have something going on every weekend this summer, it's crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm already on board purely for them being a brother-sister duo, that's so cool! I'll save this to my favourites and explore their music sometime soon! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So do I! I continue to be insanely busy. Oh well, I'll fit in what I can I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so unusual right? I love that they wanted to make music together. :) Let me know what you think of it. :) XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO