Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // The Aughts

Happy Tuesday, Friends! I'm super busy at a work event this week... but at least we had a relaxing weekend at KC's grandparent's farm! #lybholidayl is well under way, if you missed that announcement last week!!



On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're highlighting books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we’ll host a recap/link-up for the entire year!


Let's talk about the aughts. Who didn't love the aughts? I loved them dearly, and have just as much nostalgia for them as I do the 90s! Let's get into it! Don't forget to check out Audrey's post!


Jinx by Margaret Wild - I don't remember much about it other than it spoke to my 14 year old soul. I think it was written in verse-ish? Unless I'm mixing it up with another book. I'd like to re-read just to see what I think now.
Holes by Louis Sachar - technically written in 1998, but I read it in 2000 and adored it. The movie was cute too.
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - I remember adoring the quirky characters. I'd like to re-read this one too!

Twilight - bad, but still things to love nostalgia-wise. It's problematic, but I've got some memories.



Bridget Jones's Diary - essential watching
13 Going on 30 - "thirty flirty and thriving"
Love Actually - "and he's got a big knobbbb" lolol
A Walk to Remember - sobbing forever, swooning forever
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - "does princess sophia want to come out and play?"
The Holiday - my favorite Christmas movie
Legally Blonde - "what like it's hard?!"




Gilmore Girls (TV) - forever, but I'll always be grumpy over that reboot.
Veronica Mars - so clever
Everwood - I love everything about this show, other than it got cancelled.
Lizzie McGuire - "uh!"
As Told by Ginger - my favorite cartoon!
Braceface - god, I loved this show...




The O.C. - I'd like to finish it!

The aughts were aughtful great, don't you think. harrr.

Be sure to hope over to Audrey's post and check out her recommendations!


Next month we are linking up & we want you to join us!


Did you watch or read any of our suggestions from year? Maybe you thought of your own recommendations and you’ve been waiting for the right time to share them! Perhaps you just *happened* to read a book from the 1950s and you want to review it!


There’s no right or wrong way to link-up with us! Just do it! We will see you December 4th for our final Roaring Swinging Fabulous Groovy Blog Collaboration post!! Join us, won’t you?

Did you love the aughts?


XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO