Thursday, January 27, 2011

Miller Famous Vegetarian Enchiladas!

Here is the recipe for my "Miller Famous" vegetarian enchiladas! My vegetarian, semi vegetarian and healthy kitchens all loved this recipe! I have even had a few girls from Homestyle kitchens over and they love it too! Consider making it for a meatless meal day Miller girls! :)

Alex's Vegetarian Enchiladas
{Borrowed and adapted from College Vegetarian Cooking

Serves 4-6 

1 onion
2 T butter
3 C frozen corn kernals
1 tsp ground cumin
1 C sour cream
1 {4 oz} can chopped green chiles
2 C mixed grated Cheddar and Jack cheeses
2 cups salsa {never enough! I usually buy two jars}
2 cans black beans {rinsed and drained}
12 large tortillas {any type, I like whole wheat best}
{In these photos I added thyme to the recipe because I had some, so feel free to play with it}

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Peel the onion and chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Place the butter in a large skilled over medium high heat and add the onion, corn and black beans. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10-12 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Remove from the heat and stir in the cumin, sour cream, green chiles, and one cup of the cheese.


 3) Spread about 1/3 of the salsa in the bottom of an ungreased 9 by 13 inch pan. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the onion-corn-bean filling into the center of a tortilla, then roll up the tortilla around the filling and place the enchilada in the pan seam side down. 


 4) Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Pour the remaining salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese (or more!)Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately!

 5) enjoy!

I forgot to get an end result picture.. but they are delicious I promise! :) 

What is your favorite vegetarian Recipe?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO