For those of you who read my entry about DIY grad gifts and were wondering about the Alternative Essentials Mix that Kyle and I gave my cousin Mallory with her graduation gift... wait no longer!
We are both very into alternative music and wanted to compile some of our favorites for her. Song list below.
Alternative Essentials Mix
1) I Bet That You Look Good on the Dancefloor - The Arctic Monkeys
2) A Bad Dream - Keane
3) Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
4) Level - Raconteurs
5) Simple Song - The Shins
6) Wine Red - The Hush Sound
7) Caring is Creepy - The Shins
8) Buildings and Mountains - The Republic Tigers
9) Young Blood - The Naked and Famous
10) Life in Technicolor - Coldplay
11) Blister in the Sun - The Violent Femmes
12) Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carolina Liar
13) 99 Problems - Hugo
14) Daylight - Matt and Kim
15) Chocolate - Snow Patrol
16) Chop and Change - The Black Keys
17) Old Enough - The Raconteurs
18) Gold on the Ceiling - The Black Keys
19) Atlas - Fanfarlo
20) Creeps Me Out - Ima Robot
21) Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
It was really hard for us to pick just 21 songs... we have SO many we love.. but this is a pretty good idea of our taste in alternative music. We would have added Mumford and Sons, but we knew she already had it :).
What are some of your favorite alternative songs?
All for now,