Friday, January 25, 2013

College Graduation

Well everyone, I graduated!

  
4 1/2 years and 3 majors later I have graduated with my bachelor's degree in Community Health. Overall I loved college. I took so many amazing classes and met a bunch of incredible people. There were definitely some really hard times, paying for college was a big struggle for me and some of my classes were really taxing. But in the end I feel really great about where I'm at.

I got a great education from a wonderful school. I spent 2 1/2 years in the best housing situation I could have ever imagined and met so many fantastic friends that I will keep forever. I had so many diverse opportunities to learn and grow. I am so thankful that I was able spend 4 1/2 years in such a great place.

Not only did I get the awesome experiences during classes and on campus, but my program also included a semester long internship at a local organization. I loved every second of my internship at my preschool and I recently got hired as a substitute for the semester. This is the perfect way to spend my transition time until Kyle graduates and we move on to whatever is next for us. I am so grateful and excited for all of these opportunities. 

  
My sister Jess came home for my graduation which was so great. I felt really awesome at the ceremony because I had about 15 people there for me. Thank you so much for making that day great!

Afterward we had lunch and my mom made me a homemade German chocolate cake and Kyle's mom made a homemade carrot cake! We ate and had fun. It was pretty laid back but I was spoiled with flowers, presents and cards. 

In May we will be having a big graduation party for Kyle, Kelsey and I because we all graduate this school year. So if you are feeling left out of the festivities don't worry, there's more to come!

All for now,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO