Monday, November 14, 2016

Oh, Baby! // Jess's First Baby Shower + a Poll!

Hi Everyone!

I hope that you had a great weekend!

Ours was very busy with baby shower prep, and Jess's first baby shower! It was busy, but so worth it!! :)

I was busy writing the gift list for Jess's thank you notes, and organizing things that I did not take a ton of photos... I'm hoping to get some from other people who attended too, but I wanted to post just a few today. :)










The theme of the shower was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Because they don't know and are not going to find out the sex of the baby, we went with a chalkboard sort of black and white color scheme. 

The invitations were really fun, I don't have a photo right now... ha, but they were cute. I made matching signs for the various games, etc. so it was all pretty cohesive. 

I was so grateful that tons of Jess's work friends, friends from school, family friends from the town we grew up in, and much of her husband's family were able to make it. His family drove 5 hours to be there! - wow, so awesome! I'm sure that she felt so loved. :) (again, I wish I had more photos of this! : / ) 

We are having another family shower soon, closer to Thanksgiving... and that's the bigger of the two as far as guests go... can you believe how many gifts she got?! Insanely generous, and she just loved everything people picked out for her. The nursery is grey and white with elephants. Oh my goodness, everyone must have latched on to the elephant thing... she got so many cute elephants and is very excited about it all! :) 

We had several games you could do throughout the house, one was writing on diapers... when I told KC ... that was his IMMEDIATE response. So, apologies for the bit of language ... lol... but it cracked me up too much not to share. :P 

We put a photo booth in the empty corner of the nursery, people had a lot of fun seeing the baby stuff and then posing for cute photos. :) I like this one of me and Jess. :) 

Anyway, I would call the whole weekend a success, I am so happy for Jess!! :) 

Did you do anything fun this weekend?

I have filmed some really crummy videos of project life and planner details... should I post them? Or re-film them? - let me know your thoughts in the comments! :) 

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO