Friday, November 4, 2016

Have You Heard? // Throwback // Coldplay - Rush of Blood to the Head

Ah, November.

If you've been reading this blog for a bit... or know me IRL, you'll know that I absolutely love this album.



For whatever reason it reminds me of winter. I think I listened to it a lot (or some of the songs) one winter when I spent a lot of time in the car with my mom and sister.... anyhow, it's basically all I listen to in November. November's actually been a really hard motnh for me in the last 6 or so years... but at least I have this album to get me through it! ;) Hey, and maybe this year it will be AMAZING!

It's really tough to have a favorite track... because I listen to it on loop... but "Green Eyes" is a contender.

They don't play this a lot, because it's about someone who isn't in the picture anymore... but KC has green eyes... and it always makes me smile.

It's happy and a bit upbeat. Much of the album is really mellow.



On the other end of the spectrum... is Warning Sign... which always makes me weepy. But I love it so much.



I don't know, I can just relate to feeling kind of dreary when I miss KC sometimes. Nothing's really wrong... I just miss him. Sometimes I think we all get that way when we are overwhelmed, over booked, or apart for a long time.

It's occuring to me that this year, I should listen on vinyl at home! We have the LP and I have no idea why we haven't been listening to it!!

Do you have music that makes you think of a certain season?

Is November a crummy month for anyone else? - Here's hoping it's great this year!

Anyone else jonesing for Christmas... ? Over the years I am ready sooner and sooner... which makes November a tough month for Coldplay... I'm ready for Christmas music. haha

What are you up to this weekend? I'm going to be in full blown crafting and baby shower prep mode!

Other Posts This Week: Snapshots of Halloween 2016, Snapshots of Las Vegas // Day 2 (my favorite day!!), and 10 Months In // 2016 Goal Progress.

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO