Friday, August 9, 2019

Have You Heard? // The Dixie Chicks - "Cowboy Take Me Away" // Throwback

Happy Friday Friends! I'm coming at you late today because I have been thinking about 90s country lately. Is that strange?

image via google.

We grew up listening to country, after all, I live in Kansas... and grew up in the country. I wouldn't call it a "farm" but we did have a barn and livestock (sometimes), and two pastures. So there you go. ANYHOW, sometimes I just itch to listen to 90s country. KC looks at me like I'm bonkers because I am NOT and was definitely not in the past (AT ALL) a country girl. It makes me giggle and I turn on old Shania, Tracy Lawrence, or Brooks & Dunn. KC laughs and laughs while I try to sing along to things like Texas Tornado and My Maria. My mom was a big Garth Brooks fan, so I can sing along to at least one of those Christmas albums like nobody's business. In the late 90s we had a lot of (IMHO) fabulous pop country that I could not get enough of. I was on my way to loving exclusively pop music... but I really did like Shania Twain's That Don't Impress Me Much album, along with The Dixie Chicks. I may or may not have dressed up as "Earl" one Halloween. There is a very bad picture, I'll try to find it sometime.

This video is so 90s 00s that I cannot even.



ANYHOW, Audrey has been listening to 90s country, and I have been turning it on off and on... and Cowboy Take Me Away came on yesterday and I was just like, "YAS". I hadn't heard it probably in 15 years. What a jam. I was imagining this as the soundtrack for Arrogant Devil and I just might have to do a re-read. Le swoon what a romantic song. LOL

image via google.


Today I read the Vogue interview with Taylor Swift, as one does, and they mentioned something that I briefly forgot... The Dixie Chicks reference in the Me music video. Yes please, I really hope this collab is happening. Also, it makes so much sense when TDC are known for opposing President Bush's decisions, and T-Swift has found her political voice. TDC kind of fell of the radar and have come back... which reminds me a bit of T-Swift's disappearance during Reputation... I'm so excited to see where this goes. These ladies will not be silenced, and I am here for that. (squee if they open for her during her stadium tour I would freak out!)

One thing I love about life, and being a woman is that I don't feel like I need to fit a mold. One day I want nothing to do with country music, all about current alternative tracks. I've pulled out a band tee and distressed jeans. The next day I'm listening to a Latin playlist, or 90s R&B and watching throwback tv shows. Today I just might find my denim dress and listen to The Dixie Chicks.

What about you, does your music taste vary a lot? 

Has it changed over time, or does it build on itself?

What are you guys up to this weekend?

We're watching my nephew and hopefully seeing my sisters, but otherwise hanging out around the house. I would like to get a lot of reading in, which should shock no one.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO