About the books: left to right, top to bottom.
1) A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book: 95 Inspiring Ideas for Photographing Your Friends, Your World, and Yourself
This book is a creative guide to photography. From the blog of the same name, ABM's founders are extremely creative and share their tips for creative memorable and beautiful photos. This book is good for photography beginners and more advanced photographers as well. This book is a part of my personal library and I reference it frequently for tips, ideas, and inspiration! - Great for anyone!
2) A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space
ABM's second book is specifically based around decorating and DIY projects for your home. From styling tips and tricks to DIY projects to complete the look, this book is full of inspiring ideas! I also own this one... :) Also a great choice for the Homebody!
3) Magpies, Homebodies, and Nomads: A Modern Knitter's Guide to Discovering and Exploring Style
A sweet book for the knitter in your life. It is full of modern knitting designs and inspirations. It contains 25 projects to complete, ranging from small to large, and wearable to items for the home. This book is brand new and already has rave reviews. I am not a knitter... but I want to be. And if I let myself buy them without being a knitter (still...) this would be the first one I would buy! Also great for the Girly Girl with DIY skills!
4) Adorn: 25 Stylish DIY Projects
A DIY mecca for the fashionista. 25 projects that require glue and basic sewing skills. You can tell just by browsing the pages online, this book is full of clothing that turns out stylish and sophisticated. This is certainly on my own wishlist. Another great choice for the Girly Girl with DIY skills!
5) Studs & Pearls: 30 Creative Projects for Customized Fashion
Similar to adorned this book is a DIY fashionista's dream. This book contains 30 tutorials for updating your clothing and accessories. I have flipped through this one at the bookstore, it took everything I had not to leave with it! Another book on my wishlist! Another great choice for the Girly Girl with DIY skills!
6) Furniture Makeovers: Simple Techniques for Transforming Furniture with Paint, Stains, Paper, Stencils, and More
Dumpster divers & thrifted furniture enthusiasts alike will love this book. Detailed how-to's on various methods of furniture painting, restoring, and decorating. Also including a visual glossary, this book is perfect for beginners and seasoned furniture DIYers alike! Another great choice for the Homebody!
7) Young House Love: 243 Ways to Paint, Craft, Update & Show Your Home Some Love
Another from the blog of the same name. Young House Love is a treasure trove of home DIYs from now season experts Sherry & John Petersik. Cleverly organized and including cost and work levels as well as time commitment make this book a new home owner's BFF. Though it is just as useful for the apartment dweller! Another great choice for the Homebody!
8) The Handmade Marketplace, 2nd Edition: How to Sell Your Crafts Locally, Globally, and Online
An excellent resource for someone who is interested in selling their art or crafts. A very solid book from top to bottom. Another in my personal library!
9) Creative Lettering and Beyond: Inspiring tips, techniques, and ideas for hand lettering your way to beautiful works of art
A guide to creating beautiful word art and penmanship. Great for the DIYer of many trades. Perfect for someone who loves quotes, writing letters, or anyone obsessed with chalkboard paint. (who isn't right?)
10) Instacraft: Fun and Simple Projects for Adorable Gifts, Decor, and More
A treasure trove of DIY projects for any DIY lover. This book has little projects for your home, to give as gifts, and to brighten your holidays. No advanced skills needed!
I hope that this list has given you some book ideas for your crafty friend!
Interested in more? Check out this post to view my book recommendations for other 'types'.