Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Oscars Dresses 2017 // Red Carpet Love

Is it just my social media feed, or are people especially grumpy about everything this year? I've seen so many gripe-y "celebrities should keep their mouths shut about politics," "celebrities are trash humans," etc. etc. posts.

My response to that? People should stick up for whatever they want, if they happen to be celebrities, then they shouldn't have to censor their opinions just because they are widely seen. Let people like things. Let people do things. Let people say what they feel they want to say. Jesus Cristo!

Moving right along, I haven't shared any Oscar's posts in the past few years... my last one was in 2014... but I wanted to do a quick post about some of the pretty dresses.... because I'm a girly girl who never fully grew up... and I love to look at the dresses. :) (let me like this!) - all that being said, I'm not really into labels or brands.

Here is one fella looking super dapper though... :

Mahershala Ali - Congratulations on your Oscar!

Emma Roberts - wearing vintage - how eco! :)

Emma Stone - Congratulations on your Oscar!

Karlie Kloss 

Michelle Williams

Auli'i Cravalho

Nicole Kidman

Olivia Culpa

Olivia Hamilton

Rosemarie Dewitt
How stinkin' cute are these two?!

I feel like I really didn't LOVE most of the dresses this year, but that's ok! :)

I have only seen two of the movies that were nominated (or that actors were nominated for) ... LaLaLand and Moana. I did not love LaLaLand. It was visually interesting but I felt like the mood shifted dramatically through the middle-end of the movie... and I didn't overall enjoy it. I don't think I'll watch it again anytime soon. Moana was really sweet and inspiring. I thought it was visually lovely. Not my favorite Disney movie by any means, but it was beautiful. :) Piper, the Pixar short film is the cutest stinkin' thing in the entire world! So glad that it won. :) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them won costume design. Which is wonderful! Those costumes were fantastic! I would love to see Lion, Moonlight, Loving, Jackie, Hidden Figures, and Florence Foster Jenkins.

As my own political aside, I liked seeing people speak out about things they are passionate about. From ACLU ribbons to speeches. I was particularly happy to see that the red carpet and the nominees this year were not "white washed" as they often are. Diversity is so important and I loved seeing so much more representation this year!

What did you think of the Oscars? Did you watch?

What is your favorite dress?

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO