Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // The 1900's and 1910's

It's a new week, of a new(ish) month. I think I'm going to be posting on different days depending on the week this year, since I've got some fun blogger collaborations planned! :) This week Audrey and I are talking about the 1900's (aka The Edwardian Era) & 1910's for the Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration. So far, this challenge has me noticing that I want to watch more period movies and read more historical fiction this year! hehe SO MAKE SURE TO SHARE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS BELOW IN THE COMMENTS! :) :)

Here we go:



On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're highlighting books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we’ll host a recap/link-up for the entire year!

I'm learning a lot from this challenge already:

Mainly the that as much as I love historical fiction, classic novels, and period dramas... I haven't seen/read that many. So, please give me your recommendations for the decades and as we go so I can expand my horizons too! :) In the meantime, I'll plan to read and watch more when I can! :) Books, Films, and Bonus will be things that I HAVE read or watched. "On Deck": will be things that I am hoping to get to soon!



Anne of Green Gables (1908) - Check out my post about Anne, here.
The Secret Garden (1910) - Check out my post about The Secret Garden, here.



The Secret Garden (1910) - a classic from my childhood (Maggie Smith!)
A Little Princess (1905) - another classic from my childhood. I think I like this one better..?
Titanic (1912) - few are as dreamy as young Leo.
Finding Neverland (1903) - It's been a looong time! The story behind the inspiration for Peter Pan!
Anastasia (1916 - when it begins at least) - all time favorite (obviously)



When Calls the Heart (1910) - TV - I love mounty Jack. *swoon*
Downton Abbey (1912) - TV - I know it's shameful... but I haven't finished this!
Anastasia Broadway (1916) - Musical - AMAZZZZINNNNG!


A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Book)
A Little Princess (Book)
Anne of Green Gables (other books + shows)
The Romanov Sisters: The Lost lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra (Book)
Renoir (movie)
A Christmas Carol (book)
Sweet Land (movie)
The Ottoman Lieutenant (movie)
Joyeux Noel (movie)
A Very Long Engagement (movie)
Finding Neverland (musical) - has anyone seen this?

I clearly have a lot of work to do! 

What books, movies, or shows can you recommend that take place in the 1900's or 1910's? Is there a goodreads equivalent for movies?!

Be sure to hope over to Audrey’s blog and check out her recommendations!

Hopefully some of these selections appeal to your history-loving heart! In March we'll be foxtrotting our way through the 1920's! We hope you'll join us!
XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO