Monday, August 29, 2016

Semi Charmed Summer Challenge 2016 // Bookworm

Hi Everyone! I hope you had a lovely weekend!

I have been working on this list and participating for a few months now, but haven't gotten around to posting my list... and you know, it ends in two days... so why not now? LOL Even though I won't finish, I always end up reading interesting books that I may not have picked otherwise, so I am glad that I participated!

Here is my Semi Charmed Summer List:

Initial Post & Rules Here.

June 1 - August 31 - each book must be at least 150 pages long.



5 Points - Freebie (150+ Pages) The Siren by Kiera Cass  - my review here.

10 Points - A collection of short stories or essays - Fork in the Road edited by James Oseland

10 Points - Read an adult fiction book written by an author who normally writes books for children. - The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (AKA JK Rowling)  - my review here.

15 Points - A book set in Appalachia - Serena by Ron Rash

15 Points - A book with a cover you find personally unappealing. - You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero

20 Points - A book that you had previously seen the film of. - Austenland by Shannon Hale  my review here.

25 Points - Read a book with a punny title. - Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson -  I dunno if this counts, but she's talking about be both pretty and happy...

30 Points - Read a microhistory. - Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson

30 Points - Read one book with a good word in a title and one with a bad word

Good: Gentleman Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos  - my review here.
Bad: Harry Potter and The Cursed Child by John Tiffany, Jack Thorne, and JK Rowling 

40 Points - Read two books that contain the same word in the title, but once singular and once plural.

Singular: The Mermaid's Sister by Carrie Anne Noble
Plural: The Tumbling Turner Sisters by Juliette Fay*  - my review here.

Total Points Earned: 50

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

Did anyone else participate in this challenge? If so, how did it go?

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO