Friday, April 7, 2017

Have You Heard? // Ellie Goulding - "Don't Panic"

Whew, sometimes it feels like there's a lot to panic about. Sometimes tiny things, sometimes huge ones. Recently I can say that there's been a lot of strain on my family and KC and I with fairly big things (in the scheme of our lives). However, I read an interesting article that is meant to help manage anxiety. It says to place the worst case scenario (or what did happen) on a scale between 1 and 100. Likely when you think about it, it's not going to be 100. Or even 50 sometimes. That's what I've been telling ourselves. I can promise you though, I don't know how to rate current world strife and U.S. political decisions. I just feel lost about it.



Anyhow, last year, about this time, I was applying for my current "perfect job". It's nothing fancy, but it was perfect for me. Recommending books and creating book lists at my local library, working part time (even though it was evenings and weekends), and getting to work with people again. I turned the resume/etc. around quickly, I didn't sleep much, but I was SO proud of what I turned in. I was exhausted, really stressed, I don't think I could move my neck.... but one night we had tickets to see Ellie Goulding. We almost didn't go. But I'm really glad that we did. I didn't end up getting the job, I'll probably never know why..., but I did gain a great soundtrack for pumping up and calming down alike.

A post shared by Alexandra Consolver (@simplyalexandra12) on


I purchased this t-shirt and I like to wear it like a reminder. So, in more uncertain times, I'm trying not to panic.



How are you guys doing? I hope that you're doing well.

On a positive note, if you read about my dental anxiety... you'll be happy to hear that I went in for my root canal... and it ended up just being a crown! And then he went ahead and filled nearby cavities. For the most part it wasn't too bad. I'm glad that I decided to do the nitrous, it really helped. In the end we paid less for the whole quadrant of my mouth than we would have on the one tooth! I even scheduled my other side (may actually be a root canal, small tooth... :( ) for a month from now. I want to keep knocking them out! Despite the lingering pain, I feel good about working toward my goal and conquering my fears. :)

What are you guys up to this weekend?!?!

This weekend is not too bad for us, though every other weekend through June is very full! haha Tonight I am having a movie/junk food night with my girls, and Sunday we are celebrating OE's bday! Hoping to take the rest of the weekend slow! :)

Other Posts This Week: Apricot Adobo Pork Loin + Asparagus & Library Book Sale Haul.

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO