Monday, November 27, 2017

LYB(Holiday)L Week 5 (November Prompts) // Seeking Holiday Calm

Update: Squee! Prince Harry is marrying Meghan Markle! x_x

It's another Monday! I hope that you had a great weekend and Thanksgiving holiday! Ours was a bit busy off and on, but overall productive. I'm definitely feeling the strain of the end of the year, and keeping up with my many projects. LYBHolidayL is still helping though, and I'm very grateful for that!

On to week 5 of LYBHolidayL! :)



New here? The What & Why


Shea from Shea Lennon and I are super psyched to be kicking off LYB(Holiday)L this month! Starting November 1st we have one prompt per day to help us live a calmer, more organized, and peaceful holiday season! Each week we'll share the week's prompts, and our own ideas for how we'll do them. We'll give brief re-caps on the previous week as we go. The full list of daily prompts is on IG, and will be linked at the bottom of each of my posts. If you're a plan ahead type person, tape it into your planner or write it out to start thinking ahead. We hope that you'll join us! Use #LYBHolidayL to let us know when you tag along on social media! :) (see the full intro post and details, here).

Week 4 Recap:

All things considered, last week's lybholidayl went well! Despite some logistical issues, and lots of social plans, I managed to mostly keep up with the challenge, and again, I think it helped me keep it together, and be present. I'm taking it slower, which is really needed. 

Here are some things we did:
  • on Monday we spent a very long time driving to and from an airport in my state. There were some flight snafus... so this wasn't a good day for a treat. However, online shopping and Thanksgiving desserts more than made up for it as the week went on.
  • I gave myself a quick mani. It was nice to feel like I took some time for myself.
  • I was home this day, and I didn't do any makeup or hair or anything... but I did manage to wear pumpkin and blush around the house. :) 
  • I put my phone away repeatedly on Thanksgiving. It was tough though because there's not a lot to do while everyone else is watching football...
  • we didn't look at old photos on this specific day, but we did do it over the weekend. It was fun to look back on our relationship. :) 
  • a hot cocoa break (which we swapped for leftover pie) was much needed...!
  • we took some time to call my dad and my grandma in Arizona.
My gratitude log is full! & it makes me happy! It is also making it easy to catch up with things with my November Daily.

If you joined in in any way during week 1, 2, 3, or 4 thank you so much!! It means a lot to us, and it is nice to feel like there is a community of people trying to focus on the season, and who are rooting for you to succeed as you do the same! :) :) I know I shared these last week, but I loved Audrey and Kelly's updates, thank you so much for sharing ladies!

Week 5 (November Prompts): 

November 27 - Hand write a letter or note telling someone how grateful you are for them, and why.

This is such a tough one! I have a few ideas.. we'll see what I am able to pull off! :)

November 28 - Discuss with family existing ideas for new holiday traditions, planning ahead will make pulling it off next month easier!

KC and I spent a lot of time working on this in November. We'll be doing an Advent calendar, which will be new to us, and hope to watch a few new Christmas movies too.

November 29 - Schedule 15 minutes to destress, break out that grown up coloring book (or just doodle)

This will be much needed. I feel like I have an awful lot of things on my plate right now! I'm going to use my paper coloring book, but Disney has a coloring app with a few free pages too! Check it out. :) 

November 30 - Try a new coffee, tea, or coffee creamer

I am a caffeine creature of habit. I rarely like new things that I try.. :P So we'll see how it goes! :)


Come back on Wednesday 11/29 for December's prompts! :) 

What about you guys?! Are you planning to tag along this week? Or in December?!

How do you show people that you are grateful for them?!

Are you adventurous with your coffee and tea?

I'll be posting about the prompts using #LYBHolidayL on Instagram! Make sure to check in with Shea on her IG too! :) @simplyalexandra12 & @shealennon

XO,


Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO