Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Snapshots of Halloween // 2017

Happy Wednesday, Friends! I hope that you had a lovely Halloween/Halloween weekend! Today is the very first day of LYB(Holiday)L! I hope that you will join us! Check out the first week's prompts & details, here. We'll be using #LYBHolidayL on Instagram all month long. :)

We had our fourth annual Halloween party on Sunday. This year we decided to copy Audrey and choose a theme ahead of the party. We put a poll on Facebook and the theme "magic" was chosen. You know, anything magical.

KC and I went back and forth on several costume ideas. Many of which would have cost quite a bit to make... and I don't have the sewing skills just yet... so those will stay on the back burner. We decided to be Professor Snape and Professor Trelawney from Harry Potter. What's more magical than that?!




he cracks me up! :P


Snape was super easy. KC just had to wear black on black on black, put his hair down, and get out his DIYd wand. Those were super fun and easy to make! He used his dad's Masters robe as his Snape robe. He kept a grumpy look on his face, and he was good to go!




For Trelawney, I just have two words. Sage. Green. LOL, but seriously, Trelawney is all about the thick layers, hippie fabrics, and frumpiness. I already had this green cardigan, the scarf was in my closet, and I just layered on some of the funkier jewelry that I own. We got these glasses at the Cursed Child release party, and I let my hair be wild. All I needed to purchase was this dress. Which I found at Goodwill for $7! Score! :)

7 "slayer" dip - KC's idea, not mine!






For the food, KC suggested we reign it in a bit... as I definitely have a tendency to over-achieve and over-commit. LOL. So we decided to make just 3 things. We made "shrunken head punch", 7 "slayer" dip (KC's idea!), ghost pretzels, and "snitches". The snitches don't "count" as you didn't have to cook anything. :P







the saddest Thor. :P 


We had a great time celebrating with our friends. We had the fullest house yet with 16 people and a baby! :P I didn't get a photo of everyone, but I was so glad to see them. We hadn't had very many times when we have had people over this year. It was nice. And almost everyone dressed up. :) :)

Olivia was the Cheshire Cat!
it was verrry cold


How cool is that that my mom made OE's string backpack a treat bag + a belly for her costume?! #clever


On actual Halloween it snowed here, and was SO COLD. My sister Olivia wanted to trunk or treat at their church, so KC and I joined them. So did Jess and Darrick. We met up for about 20-30 minutes and then left the Cheshire Cat and mom to their mission to find candy! :P We finished the night off by watching Hocus Pocus. :)

What did you guys do for Halloween?

Did you dress up?!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO