Monday, October 30, 2017

LYB(Holiday)L Week 1 // Seeking Holiday Calm

Happy Monday, guys! I hope that you had a great weekend! I can't wait to show you guys our Halloween party details on Wednesday! Until then, let's get started with week one of LYB(Holiday)L!



New Here? The What & Why


Shea from Shea Lennon and I are super psyched to be kicking off LYB(Holiday)L this month! Starting November 1st (Wednesday!) we have one prompt per day to help us live a calmer, more organized, and peaceful holiday season! Each week we'll share the week's prompts, and our own ideas for how we'll do them. We'll give brief re-caps on the previous week as we go. The full list of daily prompts is on IG, and will be linked at the bottom of each of my posts. If you're a plan ahead type person, tape it into your planner or write it out to start thinking ahead. We hope that you'll join us! Use #LYBHolidayL to let us know when you tag along on social media! :) (see the full intro post and details, here).

We are starting our challenge off with a partial week, which will be great for easing into the challenge!


Week 1:


November 1 - Make an effort to write down one thing you are grateful for every day or week (this could be in your phone, your planner, or in a specific journal of your choosing)

I think I am going to do this in another traveler's notebook! I am enjoying my October Daily SO MUCH, that I want to make a gratitude one for November!! I can't wait to use all the pretty fall things in my stash! I'll keep my list in my phone as I go and document in chunks while I can. Stay tuned on YouTube for the videos! :)

November 2 - Read this article about raising Thankful kids 

I don't have kiddos, but I thought this article was really interesting and helpful. I was raised (I bet a lot of us were!) by a lot of the "what gratitude is not" items in this article. Reading this is giving me some ideas for possible future kiddos of my own, but also for interacting with my youngest sister Olivia (10), and my nephew Darrick as he grows up.

November 3 - Do something to welcome the Thanksgiving season (share something you’re thankful for at family dinners, buy a fall wreath, etc.)

*update 11/2* - Shea shared this fabulous podcast episode about "opening and closing cermonies" for holidays or seasons. I found it a fantastic resource! 

We are big on Thanksgiving episodes of our favorite shows. Top runners are always: New Girl (the "Camping" one is our favorite), Gilmore Girls (probably my favorite GG episode of all time, which is saying something), and Everwood. I think I will start with Everwood, and save the others for Thanksgiving week.. that way I can get some ideas straight from Delia Brown for my November Daily Album!

November 4 - Make pumpkin waffles for breakfast/brunch/breakfast for dinner

Yum, yes. We didn't get around to this in October, so I can't wait to eat my favorite fall weekend brunch. So easy, so festive. Mimosas optional... and no, I won't judge you if you eat it Leslie Knope style. #allthewhippedcream

November 5 - Shop your closet and try to come up with a couple of new outfits from old pieces.

Shea does this so often, and I am always amazed! I'm so glad to be trying my hand at it at the beginning of the month to get more "new to me" outfits ... and less purchasing in this month! Plus it will get me finding my warmer clothes sooner, and starting to think about outfits for holiday functions! :) 

My Shop My Closet Goals:

mix and match velvet
wear more dresses
enjoy normal boots before it's too cold.. (and all I want to do is wear Uggs)



What about you guys?! Are you planning to tag along?

Do you like holiday episodes of TV shows? What's your favorite?

I'll be posting about the prompts using #LYBHolidayL on Instagram! Make sure to check in with Shea on her IG too! :) @simplyalexandra12 & @shealennon

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO