Tuesday, December 26, 2017

LYB(Holiday)L Week 9 // Seeking Holiday Calm

Well, I was supposed to post this yesterday... but it was Christmas... and I was doing the LYBHolidayL thing, by unplugging and focusing on family. hehehe SO, here's this last little bit of LYBHolidayL, a day late! :)




New here? The What & Why


Shea from Shea Lennon and I are super psyched to be continuing LYB(Holiday)L this month! Starting December 1st we have one prompt per day to help us live a calmer, more organized, and peaceful holiday season! Each week we'll share the week's prompts, and our own ideas for how we'll do them. We'll give brief re-caps on the previous week as we go. The full list of daily prompts is on IG, and will be linked at the bottom of each of my posts. If you're a plan ahead type person, tape it into your planner or write it out to start thinking ahead. We hope that you'll join us! Use #LYBHolidayL to let us know when you tag along on social media! :) (see the full intro post and details, here).

Week 8 Recap:

Here's some things I did during week 8! - you can always keep up by following along on IG! This week was a bit tougher to stay on it with this challenge - lots going on - but we still managed to do ok.

  • I gave myself a sort-of pedicure by giving my feet a nice exfoliation in the shower at the end of this week. I also felt good about sleeping with thick lotion on my hands!
  • I checked for thank-you notes and have enough stamps to get started. We know we'll need stamps anyhow, so we are good getting those later.
  • We did not do freezer meals, but did buy a rotisserie chicken, veggies, and made a meal plan for Christmas Eve. :) 
  • We did not take a walk or do workouts on the 21st. Oh well. This is the day I moved offices at work, so I was on my feet all day. I don't feel too bad about it! :) 
  • I was off on the 22nd, so I definitely took some time to do fun things. :) 
  • We didn't make any treats to share, but that's ok with me! :) 
  • On Christmas Eve we tried a German "Wintertime" tea with spiced cookies. It was really nice. We spent the evening sipping and munching while playing board games. :) 
Week 9:

December 25 - Unplug. Be present and enjoy the moment.

Clearly did well at this... :P

December 26 - Buy some Christmas decorations/candy on mega sale.

Hoping to just stay at home tomorrow! :) :) But we'll see. If we go out, I'll browse for deals. Because that's just me!

December 27 - Write down/share your favorite moments of the holidays with your family.

May be a good time for me and KC to type up little notes on MY NEW TYPEWRITER!!!!!! GAH! (more info coming soon!). I would love to put these in my December Daily!

December 28 - Start thinking about goals for 2018!

I have only done this in the broadest sense so far! Whew. Time to get a bit more serious. Can't believe how this month flew by! If you have a goal of focusing on gratitude in 2018, please read about a new project I am doing with my friend Rachel, and other bloggers next year. It's called The Year of Gratitude! You can find us on FB and IG too! :)

December 29 - Accomplish a to-do list item that you have been avoiding.

So many options... not sure where to start! LOLOL. Maybe doing an update for my book ban! :P 

December 30 - With your family write down a wish for 2018 and hide it away to pull out at the end of next year.

I think this will be so fun to look back on! :) 

December 31 - Try out a new beauty product or look for NYE.

NYE is our anniversary and we aren't sure what we're doing yet. :P So I guess we'll see. :) 


How was your Christmas? (if you celebrate it)

Any fun plans for the next week or NYE?

Have you been thinking about your goals for next year?!

We'll be posting about the prompts using #LYBHolidayL on Instagram! Make sure to check in with Shea on her IG too! :) @simplyalexandra12 & @shealennon

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO