Monday, March 26, 2018

March 2018 // Currently

Happy Monday Friends, I hope that you had a great weekend! Here's a look at what we've been up to currently!



Reading:

I read a fun coming-of-age story about a girl who loves cosplay and starts playing D&D with some boys in her new town. I read an infuriating historical romance.. read that rant (spoiler-y) during SUYB if you want. I finished Milk & Honey, and started The Raven Boys series. I'm enjoying them, but I'm not super attached. Hoping to get in a 1930's read or two before Audrey and I's next Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Collaboration. :) Which I plan to post on time for... not accidentally back dating my post! Oy.

Listening To:

image via google


The Greatest Showman soundtrack on repeat. It's not that long you guys... but we've listened to it at least six times in two days. What's your favorite song?! I love them all but it is either: A Million Dreams or Never Enough for me. So ready for that movie to come out so I can buy it! :)

Watching:



We've been getting tons of movies from the library. Some are movies that we had forgotten we wanted to see, others are period dramas for my 2018 goal and for my collaboration with Audrey! We saw Colossal which was not enjoyable. Ugh. We watched Mrs. Henderson Presents - which was ok. Florence Foster Jenkins - which was HILARIOUS and also sad. The Big Sick - which was really cute, funny, and relevant. Sweet Land - was a lovely slow period drama. I really enjoyed it, and find it relevant to issues in the US/Midwest still today (yikes).

image via google.

We finished Stranger Things 2 - much more stressful than season 1, but we loved it. Who is your favorite character? Mine is Lucas. :)

image via google

We went to see Love, Simon and it was great! I LOVE the book, and the movie was cute too. The movie was a little less quirky and realistic, but it was really well done. I loved seeing a gay protagonist in a main steam movie! It's also the kind of movie that will give you the feels, but leave you happy. :) Definitely recommend! :)

Creating:



Still off and on struggling to get going on creative projects, but I did get another section of my NYC album pages done AND I made some more DIY PL cards. This time I did a lot of mixed media and it was super fun. Can't wait for those videos to go up soon! :) Plus tons of excuses to use my typewriter! YAY!

Planning:



All of our vacation plans/times have fallen through so far this year... BUT we are headed to Arkansas really soon and I am super excited to get away for a few days! We're also planning something for September! :) We also booked our cruise excursions, woohoo! Cub and Mexico here we come! :)

Celebrating:



KC's bday week is in March! This year we were also having a staycation, and ended up watching Olivia, while my mom was in AZ for her divorce trail. So it was a little tricky to have a true bday week, but we did our best. We watched a few movies, had a game night with friends, spent his bday at the mall, and had dinner and games with his family. Maybe I can spoil him at Christmas?!


Speaking of hanging out with Olivia, she's a really cool kid. We had fun watching movies, crafting, and going out to dinner. But she was in school too, so there wasn't a ton of time for fun. KC is extra good at helping with her flute practice because he can actually read music. #winning


We also celebrated St. Patrick's Day. It's one of our favorites! We went to the whole parade (it was cold!), made Julia Child's potato leek soup, and watched Leap Year. :)


On the evening of St. Patrick's Day Kira & Joe drove through! We stayed with them when we drove through Dallas in 2016, so it was fun to see them here! We met up for dinner, walked around our favorite bookstore, and grabbed some coffees. :) It was so great to see them! We're so excited that they are  moving back to the Midwest!



Last, but not least, little boo is walking!! :) - yayyyyy!

What have you guys been up to lately?

What are you really into or planning?!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO