Monday, February 25, 2019

Oscars Dresses 2019 // Red Carpet Love

Ahhh another year, another Oscars. :) I loved, loved, loved so many things about this year's awards.

1) So much diversity in the nominations and winners!
2) A man from my city, and university won an oscar!!!!
3) Kacey Musgraves
4) Youthful fashion

Here are my favorites! It's no surprise that I'm loving the feminine and flowy dresses most. That's my jam. Somewhat surprisingly there was A LOT of pink. Very bright, very pastel, very voluminous, and so so fun and youthful. Not normally my thing, but I thought it was lovely! Also, can we talk about all of the velvet tuxedos...?!

Here we go!

The Gowns:

Amandla Stenberg - so stunning!
Constance Wu - yellow is always a favorite of mine!


Elaine Welteroth - wowww!

Gemma Chan - Can we please talk about how it has pockets and she put a COOKIE in the pocket?! #gemmachanismyhomegirl

Helen Mirren - so much fun! So youthful!

Jennifer Hudson - so sleek!

Jessica Oyelowo - all that glitters!

Kacey Musgraves - like cotton candy.

Leslie Bibb - elegant.

Linda Cardellini - so fun!

Lynette Howell Taylor - that lace!

Marie Kondo - sparks joy ;) 

Marina de Tavira - my favorite this year! 

Michelle Yeoh - like a painting.

Octavia Spencer - like the night sky.

 
On to the Tuxes:

Billy Porter - making a major statement. Fabulous.

Chris Evans - That BLUE!

David Oyelowo - green is such an under-loved color!
Stephen James and Shamier Anderson - those accessories!



Anyhow, yeah, lots of great fashion this year. I admittedly haven't seen a lot of the movies that were nominated... just Black Panther ... which is nothing new... I'm not super into "film". LOL But I do hope to see Green Book, BlaKkKlansman, The Favourite, and If Beale Street Could Talk eventually. :)

What did you guys think? Did you watch the Oscars?

Which dresses or movies were your favorites?

Check out my 20182017 & 2014 Picks!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO