Sunday, March 2, 2014

Oh Those Gowns! // Red Carpet Favorites Past & Present

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good movie. And there are always so, so many amazing ones nominated for Academy Awards. I also love to appreciate the costumes, musicians and behind-the-scenes people in addition to the incredible actors, actresses, writer & directors. 

There is so much to celebrate during the Oscars!

But the gowns... the gowns are my favorite part! Maybe it's because I'm still a little girl at heart.. I don't know but this year I had to share my favorites (including one ECO! one!)!

This year, the four most gorgeous women on the Red Carpet were definitely...

Lupita Nyong'o in Prada - Congratulations on your Oscar!

Kate Hudson in ?

Cate Blanchett in Armani - Congratulations on your Oscar!

Kerry Washington in Jason Wu

Laura Dern in ?

Bette Midler in Reem Acara

Olga Kurylenko in Suzy Amis Cameron (ECO, read here!)

When I get into looking at Red Carpet gowns I can't stop... so here are some of my favorite gowns from the past. 

Amy Adams always beautiful, makes my lists twice.

Always popular black. Camilla, Marilyn & Rebecca Miller (my favorite from 2013).

The eye-catching reds. Nicole, Anne & Emma.

Whites & Silver. Penelope, Naomi & Reese.

Pinks & Purples. Jennifer, Mila & Kate.

Blues & Aqua. Grace, Reese (again!) and my all time favorite (so far!) Maria.

Golds & Yellows. Jessica and Michelle.

Lastly I'm sure many of you saw this gorgeous little image... but I think it's incredible so I am going to share it as well! 

Cate Blanchett and her gorgeous gown pictured above will be the newest addition to this graphic. :)

All images via Pinterest, you can view my 'Red Carpet' board here.

Did you watch the Oscars this year?

What are your favorite Red Carpet gowns?

XO,

Alexandra

2 comments:

  1. We have a lot of the same picks! I was also OBSESSED with Jennifer Garner's silver number with the tassels. I'm a totally glitz lover so I was all over it. She also looks radiant, which always helps. I think Michelle Williams yellow gown may be my all-time favorite. She looked so gorgeous and that color is just stunning.

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Her dress was so lovely! I also liked Kirsten Bell's silvery one. Sooo many to choose from. Maria Menounos's teal one has got to be my all time favorite. But I am a sucker for the flowy, goddess-y mermaid-y look. :) Michelle Williams definitely had it going on head to toe that year though! Xo, Alexandra

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO