There are times when I might make jokes about living in your state... but it really is a nice place to live. You get all four seasons, some gorgeous scenery, great cities and so many wonderful memories.
12 (random) Things You Should Know About Kansas:
1) Kansas is not in the South.
2) We do not (typically) have Southern accents. - See Above.
3) Kansas is not all flat.
4) We've got some of the greatest sunsets in the world. Proof.
5) It's not all tornadoes and The Wizard of Oz.
6) There is an amazing cultural scene, in the North Eastern corner especially.
7) The people are so friendly.
8) Kansas is the birthplace of basketball.
9) Driving lengthwise across the state on a road trip is a great way to see alternative energy at it's finest, wind turbines for days!
10) We've got tons of trees and beautiful stormy skies.
11) The woman who played Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy was born in Kansas.
12) There actually are a lot of sunflowers here.
Happy Kansas Day!
What do people need to know about your state?
Thanks for Reading,