Monday, January 13, 2014

Top 5 Places I Want to Visit in the U.S. // 2014


This time of year I always get the itch to travel. I mean, I always have it... but it gets more intense this time of year. Since we can really only travel significantly during breaks from school, I continue to spend a lot of time dreaming up future vacations. Which is actually pretty fun in between! 

If you have any recommendations for any of these places, please leave them in the comments! Or send me an email, use the envelope button to the left.

Here are my top 5 Places I Want to Visit in the U.S. (right now):

(in no particular order)

Seattle, WA - Check! October 2014!


A long time destination on our wish list. We have been wanting to take a Pacific North West trip for a long time. 


This year I hope will be the year. I want to see the mountains and ocean side by side, all of the culture, the coffee, the chocolate... so much green space. Hoping that we Make it there this summer!

New Orleans, LA - Check! March 2014!


I feel like when I ask people about NOLA, they have very strong opinions. Either they love it or they hate it. I'm not sure why, but I feel like I will love it. It looks so gorgeous, but not in a manicured way, full of culture, so much music, so much history and art... travel swoon. And the food... :)


Beignets, jambalaya, seafood... yummmm...


I could be wrong, I might hate it... but I want to see for myself. I think it could be wonderful. :) -
I LOVED every minute, and already want to go back! 11/19/15 - check again! :) 

Savannah, GA


This looks like one of the very most beautiful places on the planet! The super lush plant life, the old houses, gardens, parks and even beautiful cemeteries! I think I'd want to see it in the spring or early summer though, to avoid so much heat. Also, Jekyll Island and Tybee Island so nearby. So so beautiful! I've had this area on my list for a while now too!


Lastly can I just say.. these trees are amazing! The Spanish moss... So romantic and unusual looking! Like a whole different world!

Amelia Island, FL


Just off of the Eastern coast of Florida is this quaint little island. I've heard it is full of bed and breakfasts and sweet little shops and restaurants. It's also home to the oldest lighthouse in Florida. 


I can officially say this is the first time (since I was a kid) that I legitimately wanted to go somewhere in Florida. :)

Hawaii, the whole darn state


I'm sure I don't need to explain why Hawaii is on my list... but just for kicks I will. :) So green and lush. Filled with so much scenic beauty. It is the only island-y (tropical) type place that I consistently want to visit. 


And I recently found out that not only do they have whales living there in the winter... they have a World Whale Day Festival! :) Sounds pretty perfect to me! I feel like this would be a nice 5 or 10 year anniversary trip... right? ;)

I am hoping that we get to go to at least one of these places in 2014!

What U.S. destinations are you hoping to see in the near future? 

Read about my Top 5 Canadian Destinations too!

Thanks for Reading & Happy Travels,

Alexandra 

All of these images came from my Pinterest travel board.. which you can follow here and were taken by wonderful photographers, not me. :)

28 comments:

  1. How wonderful Marlen! I will definitely shoot you a message if we get there. At this point we are planning on going sometime in late may - june. :) Swooning over Hawaii these days.. possibly the polar vortex... maybe just the intense green that it holds.. -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO TO NEW ORLEANS. You won't hate it. I promise! Just be prepared to wear your hair in a frizz-friendly hairstyle the whole time because the humidity there is like an 11.5 out of 10. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Sarah, love it! I need your recommendations! I totally forgot you've been there so recently! Shoot me an email with the details! :) Duly noted about the humidity! Thanks for the heads up! :) -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great list! I would love to go to Hawaii again. It's amazing. Also, as a Seattle resident, I'll just put it out there that Seattle is the best. Come in July, August, or September. It's gorgeous here in the late summer! I hope you get to visit some of these places this year!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing that you've been to Hawaii AND live in Seattle! Lucky girl! :) I think we have to come in June if we make it this summer... just with vacation time. But I'm guessing it's still pretty great in June too. :) I will have to pick your brain on specific must-see places in Seattle before we make it out! :) -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg all those places look amazing! Il have to add them all to my bucket list :( Sigh USA i so far from Sydney!

    http://talesoftwoblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just been watching this documentary series on the Pacific Islands, so visiting Hawaii is officially on my bucket list. Must make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilde & A thanks for stopping by! Travel is my favorite thing to day dream about. It seems that we always want to see the places most different and often furthest from where we live.. :) Eventually I hope we make it to all of the destinations on our lists! :) Thank you for reading! :) -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE New Orleans and secretly judge people who don't (kidding...kind of). It's such a unique city and there's so much to see and do. Definitely go there. And you can't go wrong with Hawaii. Maui was my favorite island when I went but I'd love to go back and spend some time in Kauai. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, yes i just checked it off this list before I posted it. We went in March and I loved it! Still looking forward to Hawaii someday though! :) -Alexandra

      Delete
  10. Hawaii (all of it), Savannah, and New Orleans are high on my list too! Savannah looks so eerily beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, I agree. I'm really really intrigued by Savannah. Make it to NOLA ASAP! It's amazing! :) -Alexandra

      Delete
  11. Seattle and the PNW are one of my favorite areas in the country. I definitely need to make my way to NOLA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brianna, We are planning a trip in early fall to Seattle.. so I am very excited that is finally going to happen! :) I've heard so many good things. Yes, NOLA is so amazing. I highly recommend and have about 6 posts with all of our details on this blog. :) -Alexandra

      Delete
  12. Hawaii is so high on my list too! I always get super jealous of people's vacation photos when they come back haha.

    I haven't been to any of the places on your list, but I'm pretty sure I'm headed to Seattle this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, I agree. Hawaii looks so lush and gorgeous! It would make for the most amazing pictures. :) I hope you have a blast in Seattle and get to go! :) We are hoping to make it there in September or October! :) Thank you for reading! -Alexandra

      Delete
  13. Wow I had no idea Savannah was so beautiful! Seattle is really nice, but go during summer. Or fall if you don't mind the cooler weather but winter is just soo cold! I grew up near Seattle and my favorite months were always July and August there. It's stunning in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha, Savannah does look gorgeous doesn't it?? Hoping to make it there in the next few years :) I love cooler weather. We are currently planning to get there in September / October. I'm sure the cold cannot compare to the frigid midwest winters. :) hehe Excited for it no matter when we make it there! :) Thank you for reading! -Alexandra

      Delete
  14. I loved the vivid and simpleness of Amelia Island through the pictures! So is that of Savannah! Never ever thought it would be this beautiful. And forever, Hawaii and those waterfalls - can't take my eyes off them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sort of unexpected. It had never occurred to me until a few years ago to look at Savannah... and I hadn't even heard of Amelia Island before then either. I just love visiting quaint little places. Put it on an island and it's even more interesting right? :) Thank you for reading! -Alexandra

      Delete
  15. I REALLY love how you organized and arranged the photos on this post!! Makes for such an enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alli! :) It was fun to write. I've also done a Canadian one and am working on other ones too. It's fun to think about all of the places we want to visit! :) Thank you for reading! -Alexandra

      Delete
  16. I like making lists like this too to remind myself of the places I want to go to.
    Savannah, GA is one of my favorites. I head down there at least once a year since it's so nearby. Ghost tours, seafood, the beach and lots of pretty architecture. It's a gorgeous place. I've never been to Seattle but it's on my list of places to go ASAP. I would love to move there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awesome to live so close to Savannah! So many great things there! (or so I've heard!). I think that is a big part of the appeal to moving somewhere else for a few years... new places to take weekend trips and road trips that are closer to you than they were before. :) We would also love to live in Seattle. Really hoping our fall plans work out for a trip there! :) Thank you for reading! -Alexandra

      Delete
  17. I would love to visit four of those places as I have already been to the first one. I really loved Seattle. I can spot the smith tower in the right hand shot. I am sure you will love them all when you visit. You can check out my post on Seattle here: http://www.itsallbee.com/search/label/Seattle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca. I'll have to check out your post for our planning for our trip in the fall! :) New Orleans was AMAZING and I can't wait to visit the other places. :) -Alexandra

      Delete
  18. Great list! I would love to visit Hawaii too! It is the one place that has so much to offer in terms of natural scenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Hopefully we each make it there someday soon. ;) -Alexandra

      Delete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO