The past few years have been great. I have had so many wonderful days and incredible opportunities. But somewhere along the way I feel like I let myself get so overwhelmed by all of my responsibilities; all of the classes, the money, expectations etc. that I lost some of my zest for life. Everything I did felt like an obligation, something to check off a list, even the most fun task felt like something to hurry through. Through the years there were days when I noticed I felt lighter, like life wasn't so serious anymore. I want more moments like that. So this year I am going to focus on the fun things, the things that I love to do, with less specific guidelines and expectations. I hope that this will let me slow down and have time to enjoy myself!
I want to put myself in new situations, stumble upon great things and do it all while laughing.
Here are my goals for 2014:
1) Finally make it to Seattle.
2) Do 6 things I never thought I would do.
3) Learn how to can and preserve.
4) Read 20 books, 5 Classics.
5) Wear more color.
6) Do a 365 day self portrait challenge.
7) Paint more tiny canvases.
8) Learn to make shortbread (in a real shortbread pan).
9) Send more mail and give more gifts just because. -again
10) Use my beautiful new planner... for everything.
11) Refinish thrifted furniture in the bedroom.
12) Visit a new country or another Canadian province.
13) Cook at home more.
14) Host 12 gatherings of some type, several of which are bigger themed/holiday gatherings.
15) Try new cuisines.
16) See the Pacific ocean.
17) Watch 12 classic or cult classic films.
18) Go to a new art museum.
19) See a play or musical.
20) Spend more time outside.
My mantra for the year:
Breathe In. Breathe Out. Get In.*
What are your goals for 2014? let me know in the comments!
Happy New Year!