Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Bright New World // Remixing Challenge


You may have seen my first remix challenge post here. Well, here is another outfit. This one contains shirt that I have had for a long time.. and used to wear all the time. Recently not at all, but this remix has me wearing it in completely new ways, which is so terrific!

Have to say, I'm still doing well on that whole color goal for the year.


Cardigan: TJMaxx, $16. -Clearance
Floral Top: TJMaxx, $20 (or less, I have no idea) - Old
Skinnies: TJMaxx, $16.
Flats: Target, $21.
Bangle Bracelet: Local Artist, gift.
Earrings: Renaissance Festival $32

Total: $105


I am so so pleased with this cardigan. The color is really nice, almost a coral-y pink... and the fit is great. It goes with a surprising number of things! This remixing challenge has really helped me blend the old with the new! How cool is this bracelet?!? It's made out of recycled cardboard tubes and then given a texture and pattern! I just love the yellow color!


And it coordinates well with the yellow tones in the flowers on the shirt!


These rosebud earrings are a souvenir from the first year that KC and I went to the Renaissance festival. They are real rosebuds that have been preserved and turned into jewelry! I love the color and have found that they look so nice with dressy and casual outfits. Such a pretty investment!


Do you have any old favorite pieces that you want to find a new way to wear? 

Have you ever bought anything that you didn't expect to wear so much?

Have you ever had a successful remix challenge?

Thanks for Reading! 

Alexandra 

It's National Pie Day! Do you have a recipe yet? I've posted some of my recipes here!

I am linking up with Greater Than Rubies for her Colored Cardigan Link Up! See that post and other link ups, here.

2 comments:

  1. This cardigan is so fun, and it's such a fun way to brighten up winter! Also National Pie Day? Um, YES.

    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! I thought the cardigan was fun too! It will be so nice in the spring too! :) -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO