Monday, February 26, 2018

January & February 2018 Currently

I don't do "currently" posts very often, but since I'm getting back into the swing of blogging, I thought I'd do a catch up post. :)

Reading: 


I've been reading quite a bit since I've been better! I read 3 things from Netgalley, a few that have been on my kindle shelf forever, and generally am keeping my reading pretty diverse. I've got a few things on hold at the library, and some of them I have gotten before without time to read/finish! SO I will be dropping EVERYTHING in order to read those this time around! I have a book ban update coming soon! :) I am ahead on my reading goal for the year, so I am feeling really good about it!

Watching: 


via google

I know I'm the LATEST TO THE PARTY, but we saw The Greatest Showman for Valentine's Day and it was so great. Totally made for dreamers. The catchiest music. Visually stunning. I loved it. Loved, loved, loved it! I loved all of the actors, Zendaya is gorgeous, this renewed my High School Musical crush on Zac Efron, and Michelle Williams and Hugh Jackman were both fantastic too. :)

Lots of period dramas! I'm loving Audrey and I's "Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration", and trying to watch a few more things so that I have more to recommend in the coming months. :) Also, I just kinda forget to watch movies, taking advantage of the library... because it's super lame to search on netflix struggle to find what you want. Have any good recommendations?! - leave 'em in the comments!

via google


+ the Olympics. I was really hot and heavy into the Olympics when they started. I LOVE FIGURE SKATING, and I love all of the athletes. Learning about their stories and seeing them overcome obstacles is fantastic! I've got a little bit tired of it after about a week though. I can only do the same thing so many nights in a row before I need a change of pace, really badly! hehe The Knierims were my favorites. So in love, so happy to be there, such a great story. "Come What May" was the perfect song choice, and it meant more for their skate than the other (several!) Moulin Rouge skates. I was very happy for the German team that won though! They were definitely my other favorites! :)

via google

We've also been watching a few Marvel movies that we hadn't seen so we (kind of) know what's going on before seeing Black Panther. I'm so excited about Black Panther, the movies we caught up on were "meh"... I think we'll see it sometime this week or weekend!

via google


Another time we are LATEST TO THE PARTY... we FINALLY watched (season 1) of Stranger Things! It was great, I knew I would likely enjoy it once we started. We just started season 2! NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Creating:


Working on a fun goals/journal type of Traveler's Notebook this year. I'm having so much fun playing with it. Check out the video, here.

Planning:



NOLA - AHHHH! Soon! :)

Bentonville, AR - sounds weird, but museums + cute shops = the perfect weekend trip!

Havana + Cozumel! - is it summer yet?!

Celebrating:


My nephew just turned 1 on the 17th! Happy bday little boo! I love you so!

Trying:


Today we tried a new (to us) restaurant for lunch. KC suggested it and I was like, “for lunch? Wouldn’t dinner be better...?” Clearly hesitant to be spontaneous... And it was absolutely delicious! An adventurous life is made up of small choices: a new book, a new restaurant, a new walk though your city. My friend @jesmil13 shared this quote of Viola Davis’s from Berne Brown’s book today and I could definitely relate it to this situation and life in general: “Braving the Wilderness” - “There’s an unspoken message that the only stories worth telling are the stories that end up in history books. This is not true. Every story matters. My father’s story matters. We are all worthy of telling our stories and having them heard. We all need to be seen and honored in the same way that we all need to breathe.” Yes, yes, yes! 💕💕💕 Thanks for sharing Jessica! #everydayadventure . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #ramen #ramenbowlslawrence #lfk #lunch #foodie #adventure #tellyourstory #inspiration #insprationalquotes #quote #bernebrown #violadavis #instadaily #liveauthentic #flashesofdelight #seekadventuredaily
A post shared by Alexandra Consolver (@simplyalexandra12) on


We FINALLY tried the ramen place in town. It was legit. YUM. I want to go there every day until it gets warm. I know I will not want soup once its warm.

We are also on the hunt for the best takeout in the city. So far, findings are not great. Though we did find some good food near my sister! LOL

Linking up with Kristen & Gretch for What's New With You!

What's New With You


What have you guys been up to lately? 

Did you get into the Olympics?


Have you seen Black Panther?

Any good period dramas to add to my TBW?


XO,

Alexandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO