Thursday, July 6, 2017

Six Months In // 2017 Goal Progress

Hello everyone! I hope that you have been having a great week! 


In order to keep up with my goals for 2017 a little better, I have been trying to do monthly mini goals. :) See my 2017 goals here.


Goals for June:

1) Try another make ahead breakfast
Nope....

2) Finish macrame craft I started
Nope...

3) Try getting caffeine from tea ( : / )
I bought tea.. does that count?

4) Read 5 books (fluff, upcoming movie releases, and Erin's 7.0)

I did this! I read Miranda and Caliban, Everything, Everything, My Cousin Rachel, Summer Days and Summer Nights, and Always and Forever, Lara Jean. All of these were pretty good, you can hear more about them for SUYB on 7/11.

5) Try 2 new-to-us restaurants
We tried several in May, and one new place in St. Louis. Not quite...

6) Check off some Netgalley reads
Just one but better than none!

7) Make a summer dessert
Nope... but KC made me an American flag berry pie for my bday. Sorta close...

8) Film shorter scrapbook videos for Youtube!
I did this! I filmed 16 videos, almost every single one is much shorter than before! :) I posted my first one, Getting Started with Project Life // Essential Supplies I am planning lots of things, so stay tuned for all that!! I'd love a follow on Youtube, and I'd love to know what type of videos you'd like to see! 

9) Go on a picnic (if the weather is ever nice enough?)
June was rain + heat. Not much fun. 

10) Try out rough IG and Tuesday schedules
Half pass? We'll call it a pass. I came up with a bit of an IG schedule, and have been using that (more or less) for the past month. It's going really well, I think! I worked 1/2 of the Tuesdays in June... so it wasn't a good month for coming up with a Tuesday schedule.

11) Do Yoga every Tuesday + arm weights
Nooooopppe.

12) Get something accomplished in my Etsy store (starting should not be a hurdle!)
Noooope.

Total: 4/12 - yikes.

Rationale/News: After May, and all of the graduations and wedding things... I was pretty spent. I spent June mostly being a hermit. Not wanting to go anywhere or hang out with anyone. I focused most of my effort into self-care and alone time. I also put some effort into a big leap for me: applying for a design team. I found out on my birthday that I did not get it. Which obviously sucks, it feels just like last year when I didn't get my "perfect" library job. What can you do? Find a new goal or motivation I suppose. Feeling jaded today, but will hopefully feel more motivated soon.

Other things that happened in June:

I survived two big icky work weeks.



We went to St. Louis to see Broods. See that post, here.


new favorite dress....

We celebrated Juliet's mom's wedding!



We spent a weekend at KC's grandparent's farm. I hope to get a post up soon!

I found a dress for my SIL's wedding.


my favorite movie date. 

We saw My Cousin Rachel, Pirates #5, and Wonder Woman. My Cousin Rachel had a different spin than how I interpreted the book, which was fun. It was really well done I thought! Pirates 5, I expected to be disappointed by, but I thought it was actually quite good! Wonder Woman I expected not to love, because there's too much hype, but I actually really loved it too! 


Goals for July:

1) Try another make ahead breakfast
2) Enjoy our road trip to the Dakotas!
3) Enjoy my birthday!
4) Read 5 books 
5) Do some major goal and soul searching (it's another year folks!)
6) Check off some Netgalley reads
7) Go through 3 boxes (or the like) that we are storing. Purge, purge, purge!
8) Learn how to do voice-over audio for my videos on Youtube!
9) Work on Tuesday schedules
10) Make other Youtube Videos (Planner, Crafts, etc.) - what would you want to see?!
11) Do Yoga every Tuesday + arm weights
12) Get something accomplished in my Etsy store (starting should not be a hurdle!)

How was June for you?

What did you accomplish?

What are your goals for July? 

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You tomorrow.

What's New With You

XO,


Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO