Thursday, September 6, 2018

Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // 1980's

Well... I was supposed to post my 1980s picks on Tuesday... but... I was lost in the long weekend and having a chance to finally get a little settled in our new place! :(

Anyhow, let's get into the linkup! Today we're talking about the 1980's! Make sure to hop on over and check out Audrey's blog too! :)

On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're highlighting books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we’ll host a recap/link-up for the entire year!

Fittingly.. I have very few recommendations for the 1980s... ahha


I don't think I've read any books set in the 1980s! Send me your recommendations! :) 



The Breakfast Club - one of my very very favorite movies in high school. I'm overdue for a re-watch. It was pretty pivotal for the time, and I still love it. So quoteable, so much empathy... I love it.



Stranger Things - I fought watching this so hard. I don't like the 1980's, I don't love sci-fi. I did love this show. A lot. It's very very well done and it didn't matter at all that it wasn't right up my alley. :) Who is your favorite character?! Mine is Lucas. :) 



The Goldbergs (TV) - I don't know why, but I've always wanted to watch this. I'm not sure if I will ever get around to it... but maybe. I've always been a fan of Aly and AJ Michalka, and AJ is in this show, so that's probably why I've always thought about watching it. 

Be sure to hope over to Audrey’s blog and check out her recommendations!
Obviously the 1990s is the greatest decade because we were born into this world ;) Just kidding! Next month we’ll dive into the 90s and explore some of the best books, movies, tv shows and more set in this decade! Dig out your scrunchies and overalls!

Have you seen any of these?!


Alright... send me your best 80's recs. Please note that I very very much dislike Footloose. It is what it is.

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO