Wednesday, December 26, 2018

My Favorite Books of 2018! // Bookworm

How did we get to the end of the year? This year was crazy and fast. I read a lot... mostly to avoid stress... but also to *treat* it. Can I get an amen?! :P I was somehow able to eliminate down to 26 favorite books within the following categories. Here we go!



Is it strange that I read almost all of these books before September?! (obviously not the Christmas ones..) What does that mean?!

Several of these books would also count for other categories, but you guys are super smart. I'm not going to put things in multiple spots. :)

Reading Goal:


This year I set my goal at 50 books... which is my usual goal. I usually read 52-58 books. This year I SOMEHOW(!) read 108 books (as of 12/22). Woohoo. What a crazy year. I guess it feels good that I really liked about 1/4 of those books, and of course probably another 1/4 - 1/2 were pretty good, but not amazing. :)



The Bear and the Nightingale & The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
Beauty and the Clockwork Beast & Kiss of the Spindle by Nancy Campbell Allen
Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson
Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven



The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty



On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves (contemporary)
Pestilence by Laura Thalassa (paranormal)
Head Over Heels by Serena Bell (contemporary)
The Real Deal by Lauren Blakely (contemporary)
The Kiss Quotient by Helen Huang (contemporary)
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren (contemporary)
The Beau and The Belle by RS Grey (contemporary)



The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertali
The Sun is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon



Sadie by Courtney Summers



The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan
A Holiday by Gaslight by Mimi Matthews -- fyi this is a novella
The White Christmas Inn by Colleen Wright



The Sleeper and The Spindle by Neil Gaiman
Wires & Nerve vol. I by Marissa Meyer



We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Make Something Good Today by Ben and Erin Napier

Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think?

What were some of your favorite books this year?!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO