Friday, December 28, 2012

Mmmmmocha Cheesecake {Recipe #94}

I'm not a cheesecake person. 

I will choose many other desserts before I choose cheesecake.

But for some reason this recipe stood out to me.


I am so glad I tried it. It was fantastic.

The Story

It was our family's "Christmas Eve" morning. I was making my cheesecake. Our kitchen was covered in dishes, I managed to shake 8 eggs off of the table onto the carpet and break them. Only to realize that I hadn't read my recipe very well. The cheesecake had to cool overnight. I was so overwhelmed and irritated at my inattention. However, the end results made it all ok.

I pulled out my easy and delicious cobbler recipe, and we had an entire mocha cheesecake to share and enjoy with our immediate families.

Mmmmocha Cheesecake

Serves A LOT {it is super rich}

Ingredients

Crust
1 1/2 cups of cream filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs {about 15 oreos}
1/4 cup of butter

Glaze
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips 
3 T. butter
chocolate covered coffee beans [optional}

Filling
2 1/2 T. instant coffee granules
1 T. boiling or very hot water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
4- 8 oz packages of SOFTENED cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of flour
2 T. vanilla
4 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups (1 pkg) of semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled

1) To make crust, combine cookie crumbs and butter and press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. If you don't have one you can get a set of 3 sizes for about $10 at Walmart.
2) To make the filling: In a small bowl mix the coffee granules, hot water and cinnamon and set aside. In a large bowl beat softened cream cheese until smooth. 
3) Add sugar, flour and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add eggs one at a time until just blended. 
4) Divide batter in half and stir melted chocolate into one half of the batter. Pour that half of the batter on top of the chocolate cookie crust. 
5) Stir the coffee-cinnamon mixture into the other half of the batter and then spoon over the chocolate layer. 
6) Place a shallow baking dish with at least and inch of water on the bottom rack of the over to keep the cheesecake from cracking. We used a pie plate.
7) Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Turn off oven and open oven door. Cool in oven for 1 hour. 
8) Remove from oven and carefully run knife carefully run a knife around edge of pan. Refrigerate overnight.
9) Glaze: In microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter stirring until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Garnish edge with coffee beans if desired.

Share!! & Enjoy!

One downside to this recipe {and its not really a downside} is that sometimes.. it is a little hard to cut! So use a sharp knife! 


A few more tips for cheesecake newbies like me:

1) Let it chill the full day!
2) Cut with sharp knife.
3) Cut SMALL slices. It is VERY rich!!

What is your favorite cheesecake recipe?

All for now,

Alexandra 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO