Monday, February 1, 2016

Semi-Charmed 2015 Winter Book Challenge Updated List & Score

I joined this reading challenge in November, and then proceeded to read almost nothing. By the time y'all did the first check-in, and the second check-in.... I was like... oh LORD!

I switched some of my books around, and read a TON this January! WOOHOO!

I made some really good progress toward this challenge in January ... and had I had just a few more free days I think I could have finished... but I decided rather than read 3/5 remaining books... I would move along to the Literary Ladies pick for January (It was SO good, check back in tomorrow for my reviews of January books!) ... So here's how I did on this challenge.

My Books:

DONE! 5 points: Read a book that has between 100 and 200 pages.

Ethan Frome - Edith Wharton CHANGED - Wolf Pact by Melissa de la Cruz, It says it's 222 pages but it's not that includes a lot of preview chapters.

DONE! 10 points: Read a debut book by any author.

Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham, 344 pages

DONE! 10 points: Read a book that does not take place in your current country of residence.

Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen CHANGED Gates of Paradise by Melissa de la Cruz, 368 pages

DONE! 10 points: Read a book that someone else has already used for the challenge.

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy - Kristen is currently reading this one... so I know it will work for the category. ;) CHANGED Cinder by Marissa Meyer, 390 pages, read by: Jenna at Hello Sweet Sunbeams

15 points: Read a book published under a pseudonym.

Wuthering Heights - Charlotte Bronte (aka: Ellis Bell), 464 pages

DONE! 15 points: Read a book with “boy,” “girl,” “man” or “woman” in the title (or the plural of these words).

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank CHANGED The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen, 269 pages

DONE! 15 points: Read a book with a one-word title.

Devoted by Hilary Duff (re-read), 350 pages

DONE! 20 points: Read a book with a person's first and last name in the title.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, 456 Pages

DONE! 20 points: Read a food-themed book.

Simply from Scratch by Alicia Bessette CHANGED Chocolat by Joanne Harris, 306 Pages

DONE! 20 points: Read a book with a verb in the title.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith CHANGED Starting Now by Debbie Macomber, 338 pages

30 points: Read two books with the same title (by different authors).

First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen, 291 pages and First Frost by Liz DeJesus, 274 pages

30 points: Read a nonfiction book and a fiction book about the same subject.

The Martian (you win everyone!) by Andy Weir, 369 pages and The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel, 272 pages

Current Points: 105
Total Possible: 200

I will probably still try to fit some of the ones I didn't finish (or even the ones I changed from) into other 2016 lists... but it just wasn't worth it to push myself to *almost* finish... :)

Anyone else do this one? Did anyone finish it? It's rough during the holidays!

What are you reading?! Here's my next reading challenge.

XO,

Alexandra

PS - I read 10 books in January! Holy cow! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO