Monday, April 24, 2017

Currently // April 2017



I hope that you all had a great weekend. Ours was super relaxed. We had a bridal shower for my SIL and I think it went really well. Plus we got to take home tons of extra salad... yum. So I've been eating that with every meal! We spent the rest of our time watching TV, doing chores, reading, doing Project Life (me) and D&D prep (KC). It was a little boring off and on, I think I just have the itch to hit the road! 

Drinking: iced non fat no whip mocha from Starbucks and iced water. Still trying hard to drink a lot less soda recently. I think it's going well overall. I had lots of yummy cocktails in NOLA. :)

Eating: around vacation time we obviously ate out a lot. This week we are trying some mini taco cups and Asian lettuce wraps. We'll see how it goes! I want to get my hands on the Skinny Taste cookbook, but maybe I'll start with more of their online recipes.

Watching: iZombie (from the beginning) with KC's parents, they're loving it and I am enjoying the second watch. You know how much I like izombie, and I'll tell y'all for the 40th time to just watch it even though it sounds/looks stupid... it's not! :) We've also been re-watching Hart of Dixie, New Girl, and Gilmore Girls off and on. I want to start a new show or a new season of something, but we haven't decided yet.

Reading: In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Ick. It's pretty interesting, but hella long (I feel). We'll see how it continues, I think Capote is a fabulous writer, so that really helps. Next up is my 6 word title, the last one, for Erin's 6.0. I only have a few days... so we'll see how it goes! Down to the wire. (What I'd Like to be Reading: Big Little Lies, Fan Girl, Everything, Everything, We Are Okay, ... anything fun and quick, basically!)

Listening To: we have mostly been using blue tooth in the car for our music, so lots from our itunes libraries. I made a good playlist for the dentist, it's just Broods and James Bay right now. Considering adding Ellie Goulding and Vance Joy... because that's how I roll.

Feeling (physically): bleh. I don't know if it was post-travel, or whatever.. but I've had an off and on angry stomach for about a week. It's gotten progressively better, but it's still a pain.

Feeling (emotionally): Alright. A tad bored I think.

Looking Forward To: my friend Juliet's lingerie shower is Friday night, which should be lots of girly fun. The first weekend in May is the 4th annual Kansas Food Truck Festival (eeeep!) (see year 1, year 2, and year 3) and Jess's bday! (woot!) Other than that it's a lot of graduation related things and then Juliet's wedding. Such a busy set of months! 

Wearing: I went thrifting with Jess, hadn't been in FOREVER, and picked up two cute navy dresses. the one pictured above, and a 3/4 sleeved navy and white striped dress. I also got a flannel button up dress for winter (also navy, lol), and a crazy '90's teacher dress... we'll see when/if I wear that. hahahah I have been wearing my utility jacket everywhere (also pictured above), and I broke down and bought some basic tennis shoes. They worked pretty well for travel. I also got these booties (in putty suede) for Christmas and I love them so much. I want them in EVERY COLOR.

Buying: I've bought tons of fun new sandals, I can't wait to wear them all! Also, new bras, shorts, and a strapless bra for my bridesmaids dress. Lots of graduation presents too!

Wishing: that we could take another trip soon... maybe we can... we shall see! We've been talking about a summer road trip. Though, you know my mind... it's become several road trips. I'd love to get back to The Great Lakes. :) 

What have you guys been up to lately?!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO