Monday, November 13, 2017

LYB(Holiday)L Week 3 // Seeking Holiday Calm

Happy Monday, guys! I hope that you had a great weekend! Ours was really stressful, unfortunately. I've been feeling a lot of weight to fix things related to the divorce, or that if I don't do a thing.. no one else will/can. And that really sucks, and it is hard to shake. Making headway on the Christmas gift game though.. I do feel like being more intentional with the weeks ahead of the stress helped me to cope with it better though, so thank you all for participating, and cheering each other and me on!

On to week 3 of LYBHolidayL! :) 



New here? The What & Why


Shea from Shea Lennon and I are super psyched to be kicking off LYB(Holiday)L this month! Starting November 1st we have one prompt per day to help us live a calmer, more organized, and peaceful holiday season! Each week we'll share the week's prompts, and our own ideas for how we'll do them. We'll give brief re-caps on the previous week as we go. The full list of daily prompts is on IG, and will be linked at the bottom of each of my posts. If you're a plan ahead type person, tape it into your planner or write it out to start thinking ahead. We hope that you'll join us! Use #LYBHolidayL to let us know when you tag along on social media! :) (see the full intro post and details, here).

Week 2 Recap:

My first full week of #LYBHolidayL week went really well! I haven't had a week this nice in quite a while! In addition to the things below, I felt super creative and productive. It was also a good week for KC and I to be on the same page! :)  


Here are some things we did:

  • chatted with KC about how we want to give back this month
  • read an entire book... and started another (over achieving lol)
  • spent a very hygge evening at home with KC and our kitter cats
  • let go of some frequent plans, cutting back on social things helps with my anxiety!
  • ordered a citrus+spruce candle as an "add on" to my Honest Bundle! Super excited to light it!
  • we gave Olivia a box of fun crafty things on Saturday! 
We did not get our fridge cleaned out, because things got crazy, but it needs done, so I'll tack it on to this week. :) 

ALSO: I'm loving looking at my gratitude log so far. So fun! :) 

If you joined in in any way during week 1 or 2, thank you so much!! It means a lot to us, and it is nice to feel like there is a community of people trying to focus on the season, and who are rooting for you to succeed as you do the same! :) :)



Week 3:

November 13 - For today, clear your to-do list of all the non-fun things unless they are absolutely essential!

Ok then! :)

November 14 - Start making a holiday gift list (if you haven't already). Use Evernote to sync between devices.


We actually started this at the end of LYB(Holiday)L week 1. We were so organized and motivated that we knocked out determining our ideas, our budget, and even a few purchases. Today I'll plan to focus on getting a few more items purchased instead. :)

November 15 - Get started on an Advent calendar, or a similar project for another holiday celebration! If you celebrate Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, Milad un Nabi, etc. think about fun daily traditions you might want to try! Or any other special holiday project that has been on your mind! Getting an early start will help you achieve this goal!


We're not actively religious, but I have wanted to try some type of an Advent calendar. This year will be the year. I have a few ideas, but this prompt will the the kick in the pants I need to get going on it! :) 

November 16 - Set a bedtime alarm to prioritize sleep.


Needed for this night owl... alright. I will try it.


November 17 - Share a gratitude quote on Instagram that speaks to you, inspire others!


I am so excited about this one, I love quotes! Make sure to use #LYBHolidayL so we'll see it! :)

November 18 - Take a load of items you no longer use to Goodwill, or another thrift store!


These have only been packed up and sitting by our door for...8 months? And in our car on and off all year. LOL. IT IS TIME! Hallelujah for this prompt!


November 19 - Go for a fall walk


This will be good. KC and I are accustomed to taking our daily walks at work, but don't often do that on weekends. I'll be glad to get another day's worth of easy exercise in, and a chance to take in the pretty trees in our neighborhood.


What about you guys?! Are you planning to tag along?


Do you do any Advent or similar multi-day traditions for the winter holidays?!


How are you doing on your gift list?!

I'll be posting about the prompts using #LYBHolidayL on Instagram! Make sure to check in with Shea on her IG too! :) @simplyalexandra12 & @shealennon


XO,


Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO