Thursday, July 7, 2016

Six Months In // 2016 Goal Progress

In order to keep up with my goals for 2016 a little better, I have been trying to do monthly mini goals. :) See my 2016 goals here

June Goals: 

1) Read 5 Books - ideally 2 from Netgalley and 1 classic



I read 4 books, and reviewed two for Netgalley in June. I have not read a classic, and was one book short of my goal. I will re-cap the books I read coming up soon, but overall I enjoyed them quite a bit!

2) 5 New Recipes



*hysterical laughter* - we were barely home in June. I did make Jam with my friend Rachel! So that counts as 1, and then we made a brie grilled cheese that had the jam on it, counts as 2..? Super good, very allergic to brie. Who knew it was related to penicillin?! Good thing I am ahead on this yearly goal.

3) Plan Our Upcoming Trip to GEORGIA! (Savannah, Tybee & Jekyll)



I made some lists a long time ago, and did take time to sift through a guidebook pre-trip. During the trip we adopted a (rare!) leisurely pace and decided what we would do as we went. Oddly enough it worked really well and I think we got to do all of the things we were hoping to! Check out my trip recap from last week here for details and photos.

4) Plan Our Upcoming Trip to NASHVILLE!



We have a list leftover from the first time we went to Nashville, as well as a small list KC created, and a few recommendations from a friend of a friend... however... we fell short on planning this one. And overall, we should have perhaps stayed home. Though it's always nice to be away together. Check out the trip recap here for photos and details!

5) Try Zumba DVD

Nope.

6) Send 2 surprise pieces of mail! 

Yes! I sent a book exchange book to someone who I wasn't technically supposed to... so that may have been a surprise? Then we bought some cute bee and hive cookie cutters in Georgia, which I got for two sets of friends who keep bees. :) One was delivered in person, but the other was mailed. That's nearly three right? 

Speaking of... would anyone here want to do a book exchange? Let me know in the comments! :) 

7) Make Dental Appointment... 

Nope...

8) Watch 4 Disney Movies.... go big or go home!



I did this!! We watched The Little Mermaid, saw Finding Dory the night before we flew home from Georgia, and then watched Mulan & Tarzan the day we arrived home. I love Tarzan... it's got to be one of my favorites! :) Then right before we left for Nashville we watched Tangled. Wham Bam my friends!

9) Finish Houston/Galveston Blog Posts

Not quite! Very close - just 1 post left to finish! Then it's on to California friends!

10) Draft 5 Etsy Listings

BOO!!

Total: 3/10 - *crickets*

It was a good month anyway! & hey! I learned to make Jam! That counts toward my yearly goal for sure! :) 

July Goals: 

1) Read 5 Books - ideally 2 from Netgalley and 1 classic
2) Try 5 New Recipes
3) Create a "savings plan" for the rest of the summer. & make some progress!
4) Plan Our Upcoming Trip to VEGAS!
5) Investigate and Try Out Marie Kondo Method of Tidying Up! #declutter
6) Send 2 surprise pieces of mail! 
7) Make Dental Appointment... 
8) Watch 4 Disney Movies.... go big or go home!
9) Hop back on that workout train! 
10) Figure out how to get a new mattress delivered... previous plans fell through! :( 

Extra Goals:

11) Plan 2 Date Nights with KC - even if they are for later months.
12) Make pinnable images for existing posts! (I love the way Ashley does her travel ones!) 

What have you guys been up to in June? Did you meet any of your goals? 

What are you hoping to do this Summer?

Are there any goals that you are really slacking on so far in 2016?

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You?

What's New With You

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO