Thursday, September 7, 2017

Eight Months In // 2017 Goal Progress

Goals for August:

1) Get some planning done for NYC!

Check! We finally bought our tickets, and got them at a really good price! I've had some recommendations from you guys (have some? Let me know, here!) I also have the starting of plans to meet up with a few of you! How exciting! :) I also went through some of my pins on my NYC pinboard, and fleshed out a list of possibilities a little more. I have also looked a bit through a unique guidebook that I got at the library. So things are shaping up, but there is still a lot of work to be done! Whew, travel can certainly be a lot of planning!

2) Try 2 new healthy recipes 

Nope! I read a LOT LOT LOT this month. So, yeah I didn't really try any new recipes. LOL.

3) Save more than our goal amount with each paycheck!

Check! This was kind of a weird goal, because we decided to be saving a lot for NYC... and spending  a lot less, which meant there wasn't a lot of extra to move around. BUT - I think we managed to save like $5 more with each paycheck. It counts. :P

4) Read 5 books 

Check! I read SO MANY BOOKS! It was great. I don't know if you guys have gathered... but I tend to struggle with balance... as in, I might do nothing but Project Life for a month, and then nothing but read for a month. This was a reading month! I read: Fangirl, Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, The Little Book of Hygge, The A Court of Thorns and Roses (series) OMMMMGGGG!, East, A Man Called Ove, and The Falconer series. That's 11 books. Jeez. (ok, so the last 4 I finished in the first few days of September... but we're going to put it all in the same post!) Come back on 9/11 for SUYB to hear all about them.

5) Clean up / use second room (dust shelves, purge magazines, put away packed items, hang up bulletin board, make reading nook...)

HA, we actually piled MORE things in there. The opposite of the goal. Guess I'm rolling this one over to September!

6) Check off some Netgalley reads

I managed to read 1 Netgalley book in the first few days of September, so I'm calling it a pass! Netgalley keeps auto approving me for books... which is AWESOME, because I want to read them.. but I'm getting even more behind. Hoping to read quite a few from my queue in September!

7) Go through 3 boxes (or the like) that we are storing. Purge, purge, purge!

Nope... 

8) Learn how to use another program for my videos on Youtube!

Nothing yet... but I did save an article of other options. 1/4 pass lol.

9) Try out Tuesday schedules...?

I tried this once, and kinda sorta passed... but I felt like I hadn't accomplished much by doing more things... which is weird. But then spent one Tuesday just reading... because ACoTaR... x_x. The next week I focused mostly on video/audio things. I will try it again.. but I am almost thinking it won't work as well based on what I tried! How odd. Maybe schedules aren't the way to go?

10) Work on new cleaning schedule

Nothing yet... we've been doing pretty well at keeping up on chorses because we've had tons of time at home!

11) Do Yoga every Tuesday + arm weights

Nope.

12) Get something accomplished in my Etsy store (starting should not be a hurdle!)

I don't even know why I left this on my list... I don't want to do this right now. It's not a priority.

Total: 5/12 - I definitely should have changed some of my goals before I started... whomp whomp.

Rationale/News: Life has been so nice lately. I think I spent about a month working on PL stuff, and another month reading. I feel like I'm really having so much time for self care and hobbies. Also, KC and I are just having a lot of fun spending time together. We're much less (generally) overwhelmed, and that's making the social things easier too. :) I'm hoping that this keeps up, I am super super super excited about the rest of the year... because all the best holidays and seasons (IMHO) are on the way! :) 

Other things that happened:


GoT was amazing this season. Woohoo for focusing on the plot and action, with less diversions to prostitutes and ridiculous torture!



If it wasn't clear enough already... I fangirled SUPER HARD over ACoTaR. Like... embarrassingly so.



Had lots of chats/dinners/craft nights with my girlfriends.


Got to see my family more than usual. Darrick is getting so big you guys!!


Did a bit LOT of fall shopping..! I purchased a few things at Modcloth (and returned 2/3, but you never know until you try!) I love this velvet dress!, I got a LOT of things at Target.., and then a few cheeky shirts from KC's favorite t-shirt shop Passive Juice Motel. I cannot wait to wear them this fall/Halloween season! I'll try to maybe do a post of the things I got since I am not ready with photos just yet. :)


We've also started watching The 100, at the suggestion of friends, and then Sarah J. Maas said she loved it... and so I had to watch it. HA. The first season is mildly painful to watch. Low budget, bad acting... but it does get better. Season 2 is feeling pretty solid. The dystopian plot really keeps both KC and I interested, there aren't a lot of boring episodes. :) It's also been quite a while since I've consumed dystopian media... so it's been a nice change!

Goals for September:

1) Finish up planning for NYC! - make it legit, no slacking AC!
2) Read 2 or more Netgalley books!
3) Get some of my favorite albums on vinyl!
4) Read 5 total books 
5) Clean up / use second room (dust shelves, purge magazines, put away packed items, hang up bulletin board, make reading nook...)
6) Plan out super fun Halloween Costumes  (eeee!!!)
7) Go through 3 boxes (or the like) that we are storing. Purge, purge, purge!
8) Learn how to use another program for editing my videos!
9) Spend more time moving/outside, when the weather is nice - enjoy it!
10) Work on new cleaning schedule
11) Read books from under-loved genres (2017 goal)
12) Brainstorm some ideas for fall!

How was August for you?

What did you accomplish?

What are your goals for September? 

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You tomorrow.

What's New With You

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO