Thursday, October 5, 2017

Nine Months In // 2017 Goal Progress

Whew, I'm so glad that it is finally October, this month starts my very favorite time of year! :) I did pretty well with my September goals, and am excited to accomplish more this month! :)

Goals for September:

1) Finish up planning for NYC! - make it legit, no slacking AC!


Check! Whew, we did so much planning! We booked our hotel. I took a bunch of time to narrow down my bookstore list, art museum list, and restaurant lists. I added hours/days that places were open/closed. I added info about free nights, etc. I mapped out things that were happening on specific days (a rough schedule) and made sure to note free nights/closed days for things on it. I then had KC help me put those items on a map so we could sort of divide things up by area. This might sound excessive, but it's good to have an outline, even if we decide not to stick to it. I don't want any more trips where we show up somewhere and the thing is closed. We also purchased more tickets for Top of the Rock and Wicked. :) 

2) Read 2 or more Netgalley books!

Check! I feel like everyone comments on this section, but Netgalley is hard to keep up with sometimes! We all have queues that are huge. I have new books I want to request, but I wanted to check more off my queue first! I managed to read 3 Netgalley books in September. I read Girl Off the Grid, The Yellow Envelope, and The Beautiful Ones. All pretty different, but I enjoyed them all!

3) Get some of my favorite albums on vinyl!


Not quite. I added some to my Amazon cart, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I keep spending my fun money on TONS of clothes and PL things... *whistles innocently*.... so, this will have to wait until next paycheck!

4) Read 5 total books 


Check! September was another really good reading month! I read 13 books (a few were in my August post from the first few days of Sept.) I read A Man Called Ove, The Falconer, The Vanishing Throne, The Fallen Kingdom, The Bookshop on the Corner, The Dry, Girl Off the Grid, The Summer I Turned Pretty, It's Not Summer Without You, We'll Always Have Summer, Passenger, The Yellow Envelope, and The Beautiful Ones. Come back on 10/9 to see my reviews for SUYB! :) 

5) Clean up / use second room (dust shelves, purge magazines, put away packed items, hang up bulletin board, make reading nook...)

Not quite. We started clearing this area. I sorted through my magazine shelf. KC hung up some fairy lights... but we haven't moved much beyond that. We have ambitions to get some floor cushions and pillows to plop in the corner. But we need to find some, buy them (WHY SO EXPENSIVE?!), and then move the ULTRA heavy desk... we'll see how this goes. :P

6) Plan out super fun Halloween Costumes  (eeee!!!)

Not quite. We chose a theme for our party (we had friends vote), I loved how Audrey does a theme and it makes everyone get a bit more invested in the costume aspect. :) So, we'll see how it goes. The theme is "Magic" as in anything that is magical (Harry Potter, LOTR, Magicians, GoT, etc. etc. etc.) Millions of options. KC and I have a few that we are leaning toward, we're hoping to pick soon so we can start scoring thrift stores for the perfect items.

7) Go through 3 boxes (or the like) that we are storing. Purge, purge, purge!

Nope. We finally donated a few boxes that have been taking up our space by the doorway! Woot. I went through a few boxes/piles of miscellany that were lying around... however I don't feel like I really went through any of our boxes that we moved/stored... which is the real goal. So not quite yet.

8) Learn how to use another program for editing my videos!

Not quite. I found a new program I think will work, I just need to get my videos downloaded to a computer to try it (I had previously been uploading them directly to YouTube, which was way easier). The new program seems straight forward, but I haven't had time to look at the audio portion yet.

9) Spend more time moving/outside, when the weather is nice - enjoy it!


Check! We were hit or miss with our walks at the beginning of the month. We ended up going on about 10 walks, and I did yoga 3/4 of the Tuesdays! I would also like to say that I did a marathon shopping day with my mom and Olivia. We stood/walked/tried on clothes for about 7 hours. Not bad for my steps that day! I would like to amend that the weather has not been nice, it has been atrociously hot.

10) Work on new cleaning schedule

Le ugh. Nope. 

11) Read books from under-loved genres (2017 goal)

Check! I read a mystery and a non-fiction book. I started a poetry book, and a few contemporary YA/General fiction (which is not my normal genre, though not one I listed as under-loved specifically).

12) Brainstorm some ideas for fall!


Check! I made a huge list of ideas in my planner, and I chatted with KC about it (it is his favorite season). I added his ideas too. I feel like half of them are food-related items, or watching movies... but that works. :P Check out my fall bucket list! I think that doing an October Daily (album) will definitely help me focus on the season! :) 

Total: 6/12 - I didn't do that many things this month, but I feel like a lot of them I made SOME progress on, instead of not even trying. Which I feel really good about. September was a good month! :) 

Rationale/News: September was a really nice, calm month. I did some PL, I did a lot of reading, we watched some movies with KC's parents. I did some social things, I did a lot of planning for NYC. I went to the dentist for my cleaning, and I did yoga on some Tuesdays. Overall I'm feeling really really good, and very excited to continue the year because I LOVE fall and winter and the holidays on deck!! :) 

Other Things That Happened:


I shopped. A LOT. Posts coming soon, I promise. I'm kind of a perfectionist about clothes posts which is dumb..but you know... 




We went to NYC! We had so much fun!! I'll have a recap up soon! :) In the meantime, keep up with me on Instagram

Goals for October:

1) Read/start 1 non-fiction book.
2) Read 2 or more Netgalley books!
3) Get some of my favorite albums on vinyl!
4) Read 5 total books 
5) Clean up / use second room (dust shelves, purge magazines, put away packed items, hang up bulletin board, make reading nook...)
6) Finish planning our Halloween Costumes/party details!  (eeee!!!)
7) Go through 3 boxes (or the like) that we are storing. Purge, purge, purge!
8) Learn how to use another program for editing my videos!
9) Check some items off my fall bucket list
10) Work on new cleaning schedule
11) Read books from under-loved genres (2017 goal)
12) Read/start 1 classic novel
13) Learn more/implement ideas related to hygge

How was September for you?

What did you accomplish?

What are your goals for October? 

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You tomorrow.

What's New With You

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO