Monday, January 8, 2018

Christmassing 2017 // Playing Catch Up!

Whew, still a bit under the weather off and on. The worst part is that I can't see distance-wise anymore. And I have no idea why. I also get kind of dizzy and nauseated. I am headed back to the doctor today, and the eye doctor tomorrow to hopefully get it straightened out. Wish me luck! I am at the end of my rope with this "cold"!



In the meantime, I have a tiny surge of energy, and wanted to get some holiday photos up, even though I am very over Christmas, and I bet that you are too, I still want the memory of those things here. ;) This blog is for readers, and also for myself. I want to be able to look back on things that have happened in my life and have them all in one place. :)

We finally made Spritz cookies, and they were amazing! This family tradition is one that I loved as a child, and am grateful that KC enjoys too! :)



I sent my Blogger Pen Pal Secret Santa gift to Audrey. I wrapped it with foxes, because she loves them. :) I hope that she enjoyed the items and the wrapping. ;)



We watched more Christmas movies: Charlie Brown and The Grinch. We sadly, still did not get around to watching White Christmas and Christmas in Connecticut. Next year I should plan to watch them on the first weekend in December! hehe The cats were so snuggly for much of our movie watching.


KC and I spent Christmas Eve together, we exchanged most of our gifts, made "Christmas Fettuccine" ala The Holiday, and listened to The Holiday while playing with our gifts. KC got me a lovely old typewriter and I am having so much fun using it! :) We ended the night playing games, and having tea and cookies. It was perfect.






On Christmas morning the boys unwrapped sort of a funny present. Raccoon "Coon skin" caps. They aren't real. But it was too funny watching them start opening the package making a "what is in here?!?!" face. Scalawag has stolen KC's and plays with it. LOL. I thought this photo was too funny though.



My Mother in Law made us matching Christmas Sweaters again this year. This is the third year, and I know that you guys get a kick out of them! :) Two years ago we had reindeer shirts, last year it was penguins, and this year it was gingerbread people. :)




Some of my favorite gifts we gave this year were these two water color portraits. I had been wanting to try my hand at painting them for a while. I think that they turned out pretty cute! I put one in Audrey's SS package, but I forgot to take a picture. : / WHOOPS! There are a few things I would change on each, but I am learning and getting the hang of it. :)




Before I got sick, we played a lot of games, and read a lot. A LOT. Which was so lovely and so needed. I would have loved to have finished off the vacation this way, rather than in bed, but that's ok. I'm grateful I am not truly truly ill. I'm grateful that I enjoy reading, and that I was able to take time off of work! :)



Then I was obviously sick for quite a while, and I am running out of patience to feel better. :(



Last weekend we did get to celebrate a belated Christmas with my mom and sisters, which was nice. I felt bad for pushing it back, but I didn't want anyone to get my cold. It was nice to finally get to celebrate and to spend some family time together. We had breakfast, opened gifts, watched part of a movie, and made a small gingerbread village. Olivia spent a lot of time playing with her various crafty gifts she received. One thing we got her was a mini low-heat glue gun (and sticks) so that way she had one of her very own. :)





We still need to take down our decorations, but I am glad that we got to do our Christmas and finish up the season last weekend. I am more than ready to move on to 2018!!

I hope that you all had a lovely holiday and new year! I am planning to catch up on some recent posts... but there obviously hasn't been energy for that just yet!

Thank you for all of the well-wishes! :)

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO