Thursday, January 4, 2018

What Day Is It?! // Playing Catch Up

Whew. What an interesting end to the year it has been. And by interesting, I don't mean that interesting things happened... I just mean it was unusual. Christmas came and went in a more-or-less normal way. We had several lovely days afterward filled with reading, and cuddles, and fun. And then I woke up with a tickle in my throat. A tiny tickle which has transformed into a full-on mystery cold, with a vengeance.

via GIPHY

Yep, woke up on the 28th with a tickle, and am still down-for-the-count. I haven't been to work, I've barely been out of bed, it's been totally nuts, not a normal cold to say the least. I'm so over it, but can't do much other than keep trying to get better.

via GIPHY

Not exactly how I'd hoped to spend my last 6 days off work, our 6th anniversary, or a belated Christmas celebration with my family. So, I am very much hoping that I will be well enough this weekend to at least have a very belated Christmas with my family, and maybe see a movie with KC.

via GIPHY

Speaking of KC, he's been an angel, and luckily has the immune system of The Hulk, because he's only had an odd tickle or sneeze here or there. He has been so great in getting me anything that I need or want, and driving me to the doctor, etc. Thank you, babe.

via GIPHY

I also feel like I've missed out entirely on the "New Year" buzz. Which, silly as it may be, is one of my favorite times of year. I've not had time to focus on actual goals, get anything organized, or reflect too much on last year.

via GIPHY

So, if you're wondering where I've been... why I haven't posted much of anything, anywhere, why I dropped out of LYBHolidayL, etc. ... or not... I've just been sleeping. Please send good vibes and prayer my way if you're into that kind of thing that maybe it will really be over this weekend!!

via GIPHY

I want SO BADLY to be better and to get on with ending 2017 and starting 2018.

What have you guys been up to?! I hope that you all had a lovely holiday and end of the year.

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO